Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all of these post by people who have orderd MDX's and then waited for 3 months or more for delivery. WHY? My wife's Nissan Quest died in the driveway the other day.(Thursday), we decided to go get a new vehicle for her, she wanted an MDX, we go to the dealer on Friday, I get a loan online Friday nite, papers for the loan arrive Monday morning, go to the dealer Thursday morning (the 26th) and sign papers and drive home in a new '02 Touring with Nav and lots of accessories. Could of picked it up the 24th but too busy with XMas. Is my buying experience out of the ordinary??

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Not at all, for purchasing an '02. The people on waiting lists are in line for an '03, usually with NAV & RES. Enjoy your new X. Let us know your impression of it, come back & post often. Welcome to the board!:18:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
welcome mapdude. You will enjoy the MDX 100 times more than the Nissan. Dealers should have moved quite substantially on the 02 model. I would say between $1500-$2000 on the touring with nav. Only because they have the 03's coming in. Update your signature line with the color and post some pictures if you can. Like I should talk. I STILL haven't found a program to downsize file. Again congratulations.

·
Registered
293 Posts
mapdude,

welcome to the board. most people on this site waiting for the MDX are for 2003 and with specific model/color of their choice. depending on your location, there might be lots of 2002 MDXs on dealerships' lots waiting to be drive away with accessories due to year end. some members also have been lucky to pick up 2003 MDXs from a dealership's lot that are unsold, the catch is you have to be flexible on your choice of model/color.

i bet if i call around in my area (bay area, california) asking to see if there is a 2003 MBP MDX with touring+navi on the lot unsold, the sales people would ROFL. :D

enjoy your ride.

-henry

·
Registered
64 Posts
Man it sounds like you didn't even give a second thought when u decided to buy the MDX...
"My wife needs a car and oh look $30,000+ SUV, i think i will buy that right this minute and get it over with" bam wam kazam! haha
Must be nice to be the wife ^_^:p

·
Registered
293 Posts
hockeyplayer said:
Update your signature line with the color and post some pictures if you can. Like I should talk. I STILL haven't found a program to downsize file. Again congratulations.
hockeyplayer,

have you tried Photo Resizer? i'm not sure what OS you are using, i know XP comes with a tool already but this one is free and fairly easy to use.
http://download.com.com/3000-2369-9607959.html?tag=lst-3-8

-henry

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Photos

hockeyplayer said:
I STILL haven't found a program to downsize file.
IrfanView is freeware that supports just about all graphics file types. It's kind of geeky, but once you learn the quirks, it's really a great program. You can reduce color depth (great for text scans), resize/resample, and crop easily. http://www.irfanview.com I use it with my scanner and digital camera. Good luck. :29: One more thing, save the photos as .gif to post. They still look fine and are tiny compared to .jpg.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ready to Buy

We had known for a while that she was going to need a new car. The Nissan was a '93!! She also knew exactly what she wanted when we pulled the trigger. I just bought an 02 Chrysler 300M PHG in June when I gave my '96 Jeep Cherokee to the oldest son to take to college. Now my car and her car are the same color with almost identical interiors!!! What a coincidence!! And I have to be honest, my wife deserves the best of everything. I would not be able to find another one better. :)

>>>Man it sounds like you didn't even give a second thought when u decided to buy the MDX...
"My wife needs a car and oh look $30,000+ SUV, i think i will buy that right this minute and get it over with" bam wam kazam! haha
Must be nice to be the wife ^_^<<

1 - 8 of 8 Posts