Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 2003 MDX's due in showrooms in about two and a half months why is Acura keeping info about engine size & Navigation
System a big secret. Is it because some people may put off buying a 2002 model if they were to hear about the new upgrades?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Re: Why the secrets?

BaldEagle said:
I would certainly hold off this close to a new model unveiling. Even if there were no promises of more power, etc. IF it's the same MDX as the '02 you know there are always a lot of minor changes or corrections to be gained. Buying an '02 now would almost seem like buying an old model, especially where discounts are somewhere between rare and non-existant.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
MDX Rumours

From what I heard, Acura is keeping its reveiling of the 2003 MDX VERY secretive because of some rumors I heard:

1)Optional S type engine
2) Motorized third seat like the 2003 Ford Expedition
3)DVD enhanced enterainment system which is an OEM contract with Alpine
4)Motorized side mirrors to fold in and out like the Cadillac Escalade
5)Voice driven GPS and audio/visual systems(developement by Nuance Communications- the folks that develope human voice recognition software for VOIP and wireless.
6)Off-road ruggedization to compete with Xterra

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: MDX Rumours

Fireblade6 said:
From what I heard, Acura is keeping its reveiling of the 2003 MDX VERY secretive because of some rumors I heard:

1)Optional S type engine
2) Motorized third seat like the 2003 Ford Expedition
3)DVD enhanced enterainment system which is an OEM contract with Alpine
4)Motorized side mirrors to fold in and out like the Cadillac Escalade
5)Voice driven GPS and audio/visual systems(developement by Nuance Communications- the folks that develope human voice recognition software for VOIP and wireless.
6)Off-road ruggedization to compete with Xterra
As I mentioned above, 2002 info also was lacking before it's release. I don't think one should conclude that, because things have been quiet, big changes are in store. As to the rumors, 1,3,4,5 all seem quite possible (with 1 and 3 the most likely). Items 2 and 6 would surprise me greatly. Who has difficulty folding the 3rd row seats - they are quite thin and light? I cannot imagine that the MDX wants to compete with the Xterra (I thought that was a job for the liberty?). I sure hope Acura doesn't want the MDX to drive like an Xterra.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Re: MDX Rumours

Fireblade6 said:

I would doubt that Acura would go with Nuance for voice reco while Honda went with IBM. But the feature is probably going to show up in the Acuras as what was announced in the Accords few weeks ago.

Chris

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts