Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anything, shouldn't it be the "M"? There is already a vehicle with an X, the BMW X-5.

If your logic states that it is the X because MDX has an X in it, then what about the RSX and NSX. Aren't they Xs too?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Doggiedog:

___If this were an NSX or a Beemer X5 forum, maybe many would call the vehicles acronym’s as you have described. Since this is the Acura MDX forum, the MDX is the “X;) The NSX and X5 are called as they are listed. At least that is the way it appears in my short time posting here. Besides, X is two keystrokes quicker to type than MDX, it’s a cooler name, and everyone that has visited the site for just a short time knows exactly which vehicle we are discussing …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
A rose by any other name . . .

Can't use 'M' because that is reserved for the competition: the Mercedes M class SUV (ML 320, 500 & 55) and BMW's high performace sports cars (M3, M5) . . . X also is appropriate for the phenomena known as the 'X factor' - once you drive or own one you will understand . . . :cool:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
doggiedog said:
Why do you guys call the MDX the "X"?
Because X marks the spot:2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Because X is short and difficult to misspell.

I can't understand why some here call it a "truck"?

·
Registered
64 Posts
doggiedog said:
If anything, shouldn't it be the "M"? There is already a vehicle with an X, the BMW X-5.

If your logic states that it is the X because MDX has an X in it, then what about the RSX and NSX. Aren't they Xs too?
I'm only one "X" away from a hat trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
X is shorter than MDX.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Re: Why do you guys call the MDX the "X"?

msu79gt82 said:

Because X marks the spot:2:
and x marks the sweet spot at that! We all, I think, believe it to be one sweet automobile....plus if we call it X we get to go first in tic tac toe! :2:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi AcuraDoc:

___I bet you get a box of donuts from your insurance salesman about twice a year, don’t you ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
64 Posts
xcel said:
Hi AcuraDoc:

___I bet you get a box of donuts from your insurance salesman about twice a year, don’t you ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]
Donuts.......I don't even get a christmas card from the folks at USAA and I have my mortgage, car, IRA, and all of my liability insurance with them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
doggiedog said:

Snoop-- we call it an X, ahhhhhh because it is the X.:26:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Because it's e-X-cellent

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are some things you just can't explain....:D

torchny

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
why not ?

BaldEagle said:
I can't understand why some here call it a "truck"?
I would emphatically prefer to call it a truck rather than a car, minivan or station wagon. SUV may be the PC trendy term, but try explaining what an SUV is to a 5 year old - they understand truck ! Also, as an aside, when I say 'X' around the wife - she immediately suspects an affair with a former girlfriend . . . :rolleyes: :p :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts