Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just walked in from a "spur of the moment" road trip to Salt Lake City to see my brand new granddaughter. This trip was incredible. Going up to SLC, I drove over Donner Pass at 2.am. in a major snow storm and the X was awesome. Coming back today, I hit rain after Reno, light snow over Donner Pass, and a major lightening/hail storm on 99 that brought lesser vehicles to a halt. I became the "leader of the pack" as others lined up behind me to find their way. What a car, I am so pleased with its performance.
Anyway, coming over Donner Pass and again at the Ag Checkpoint, I saw a SS X w/ Skis on top, anyone here?
Here's my X at Bonneville Salt Flats earlier today (no land speed record, just a steady 85mph most of the way.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Have You Ran Into DaleB?

Speaking of seeing someone have you ran into the DaleB yet. If my memory is correct Clovis is a relatively small town (less than 25000?) and his GG MDX should not be hard to spot. He has SS Manik side steps and a rather large self inflicted dent on the rear hatch. That is unless he has had it fixed.

Nice picture greatscot.:29:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bald Eagle,
Clovis is actually 65,000 and growing. DaleB and I have been in touch through Emails. He's tied up trying to get his house finalized and I've been gone. He says we'll hook up in early April.
Thanks again. How's your weather up there? We've been getting soaked.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Great photo greatscot! Maybe this should become the new photo for the home page!?!?!:8:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi GreatScot:

___Congratulations on the birth of your Grand daughter!

___And the pics of your X in front of the flats look stupendous.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
greatscot said:
. . . we'll hook up in early April. . .
I love it, a grandfather that say's "we'll hook up". . . btw, great pic greatscot

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Have You Ran Into DaleB?

BaldEagle said:
Speaking of seeing someone have you ran into the DaleB yet. If my memory is correct Clovis is a relatively small town (less than 25000?) and his GG MDX should not be hard to spot. He has SS Manik side steps and a rather large self inflicted dent on the rear hatch. That is unless he has had it fixed.

Nice picture greatscot.:29:
Yes, once u spot my X in Clovis it leaves an impression (no pun intended).
By the way I saw a SS that blew me away! It was parked in front of Save Mart on Shaw Ave. and had a very colorful personalized license plate that said something like "MDX II" . I was not even sure it was Cal. plates. When I drove back around to get another look it was gone!!!
You know I will be looking for that one again!!
The dent is taking a back seat to many other events these days, but it's day will come. Having it parked outside my b-laws house every day, it gets washed once a week, rain or not. but the Zaino routine will have to wait a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
admin said:
greatscot, looks like you "squished" the picture. If you have the original, send it my way ([email protected]) and I will post it on the home page!

Thanks,
admin.
Here is the one he posted in the correct size for the home page - though the aspect may be off in the orig.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
admin said:
greatscot, looks like you "squished" the picture. If you have the original, send it my way ([email protected]) and I will post it on the home page!

Thanks,
admin.
Wow, I didn't expect this. I was just sharing what I thought would be a different pic. Anyway, I'll email the original to you on Tuesday (18th) as I left the disc at work in my briefcase today. You are correct about the "squishing." When I resized the picture it compressed the image. I will send tomorrow morning, and thanks to all who suggested this, I am really humbled.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
DaleB said:

Well, look at what he drives, he is obviously 'with it'!
Maybe it's a California thing. . . :2:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
As soon as Greatscot gets back...

I need to see if he wants to join me and converge on a deep blue pearl 2003 with chrome rims, so we can get the owner to join the forum. If not, I will brave it alone....

It seems to be parked in front of Long's Drugs near Shaw & Armstrong everyday. Maybe belongs to the pharmacist...doubt it's a sales person at central valley wages, unless a spouse.

I have not seen another sign of the SS 2002 with the wild plates "MDX II"...must have been passing through.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: As soon as Greatscot gets back...

DaleB said:
I need to see if he wants to join me and converge on a deep blue pearl 2003 with chrome rims, so we can get the owner to join the forum. If not, I will brave it alone....

It seems to be parked in front of Long's Drugs near Shaw & Armstrong everyday. Maybe belongs to the pharmacist...doubt it's a sales person at central valley wages, unless a spouse.

I have not seen another sign of the SS 2002 with the wild plates "MDX II"...must have been passing through.
Hi DaleB, and others,
just got back from business trip and am happy to converge on that deep blue pearl X down at the local drug store. Unpacking today but will re-juice myself tomorrow for the fray!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts