Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

901 - 920 of 940 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time "lurker" here, just parked my 2002 for the last time. 329966 miles. Best car I have ever owned. Totaled (but still driveable) by the insurance company after a hit and run while it sat in a parking lot. Think I'm gonna cry...at least until I get another one. I should probably go drive it 34 miles tomorrow!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Original owner of a 2002 (purchased new 05/2002) and just turned over 132,975 today. Just getting broken in based on some of the numbers I've seen here. This is the most miles we have ever put on a vehicle and we tend to keep vehicles quite awhile but don't put a ton of miles on compared to others.
I still have the X. Two teenage drivers now. Just over 196k. Finally had to go ahead with the valve adjustment this winter. Rough idle on start up, then finally tripped a code for multiple misfires and the VTM4 light came on. I drove it in the lot, shut it down, and the VTM4 shut off. Drove it in for service and got the valved adjustment done and she's running smooth again. The beauty of being the original owner of an older vehicle is having all of the maintenance history!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an '05 with 164,000 miles. I bought it in January of '17 when it had just over 115,000 miles. It's the best car I've ever owned! It's also one of maybe four 1st Gen light blue MDX's in Columbus, Ohio. I love the Steel Blue Metallic!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a 2003 MDX which I traded in 3 years ago on a 2016 RDX thinking we wanted a smaller vehicle. Had 213,000 miles without any issues. A/C compressor went out around 130,000 and replaced with an after market compressor but other than that. a very solid vehicle. All miles were highway, 65-70 MPH, 1,750 - 2,000 rpm. Brakes were still the original when we traded it in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
03 touring sitting at 316,000 ?
All original aside from lower controls, sway links, and front cv's, after market power steering unit, and recently done EGR valve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How many miles do you have on your MDX and what year is it? I did a quick search and didn't see a similiar post...
I sold my 2001 Acura MDX with 413,341. I believe it is now a train station commuters car. Just a few miles each way. Downside to the car.... 3 transmissions! First one, Honda paid half.... 2 were done at AAMCOs which I would NEVER EVER rcommend. The last was a small shop that did a great job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
'02 currently at 212k, no major issues, hoping to give to my 16 year old boys in about 6 months. I've replaced radiator and fans, struts all around. Started a power steering fluid leak I need to look into, and those damn vent tabs broke, otherwise, going strong. Oh, and the hood has started some minor rusting on inside and a little on out, but I probably didn't take care of the clear coat well enough. Like the other guy said, it's been a tank.
Bought new in Feb '02

·
Registered
38 Posts
258k miles. No major issues at all. Just minor stuff. Needs an alternator. Think that the original is still in there. The belt tensioners seem good.

901 - 920 of 940 Posts