Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

861 - 880 of 882 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys just don't know how to road trip I guess!! I have an 05 MDX that is over 290K miles and running strong!
I do have an issue with hvac mixer motor or something close to it...I can't air to blow anywhere but the dash vents on both sides...
Any ideas?

Greg

·
Registered
17 Posts
2003 going pretty strong (fingers crossed) at 237,000. Rutst issue, which has been an issue almost from the start. It's been a low maintenance workhorse. Hoping to make it to 300,000

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who has the most miles

04 MDX 265,000 miles, would've had more if I didn't buy my wife a small car to rotate with. An additional 90,000 miles would've been added if there had not been a rotation.....torque converter problems show up at lower speeds around 30 mph.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You guys just don't know how to road trip I guess!! I have an 05 MDX that is over 290K miles and running strong!
I do have an issue with hvac mixer motor or something close to it...I can't air to blow anywhere but the dash vents on both sides...
Any ideas?

Greg
You are giving me hope that my 2005 with 120K on it will last a long time.

your problem is likely not the motor but probably a switch of some kind that switches between defrost and blower or something like that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I finally reached 200k on my 05. It's been 100% reliable and had no issues since the last repair about 2 years ago when it needed an oil pan but it was due to the previous owner messing up the oil filler bolt threads. The other repairs since I bought it in 2016 with 150k have been a rear window regulator for $800, DVD nav disk drive for $350, alternator and belt tensioner for $1300, valve timing for $1000 and DIY radiator and all fluids. Timing belt was done at 120k so I'll wait to 220k maybe even 250k since I did the tensioner and have kept up with coolant fluid replacements.

I also now own a 2010 GMC Sierra but I still drive the MDX daily to work, nothing like driving an older, reliable yet affordable vehicle, no worries about depreciation, damage, wear. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2001 MDX plain with nav. About 269000. Transmission was replaced in first year. Still good. Replaced rack assembly and later both Honda rebuilt CV axles. You know they are worn out when on quiet and level road about 65 mph, just apply a tiny bit of acceleration and you'll feel a little vibration. Apply more and it goes away. Apply less and it goes away. Oh yes, one radiator. The coolest thing the Acura people did for me was when the clock quit working. They pulled the GPS, sent it back, had it fixed, put it back in and the clock now works. Probably $1000 retail costs done free. That was in 2018. Some dilemma about the next timing belt change. I may just test the specs and drive it till it comes apart. Be sure to replace the valve covers before oil drips down on the O2 sensor and kills it. I did it myself and adjusted the valves while I was in there. The valves hardly needed adjustment after 250000. Somewhere I have a post on that effort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love hearing all these high mileage stories!
I just picked up a 2002 with just over 195,000 miles in great shape! It looks like it's been neglected for a while as far as maintenance, so I need to get that all caught up, but after that, I'm thinking it should last another 100,000 and maybe I can give it to my daughter in 5 years!
Love it so far! Best part is the dealer had it on the lot for over 100 days and wanted to get rid of it. I just caught it at the right time and got it for $2,900 cash out the door! It was listed originally for $6,990!

·
Registered
3 Posts
219380 miles on an 04...replaced the transmission, now the most annoying thing is the rattling heat shields - both the cat conv and the one up in the engine bay. (but that's almost expected living in Wisconsin)
I'll need to replace the bushings as I get rattled/clunking more than usual when driving on rough pavement
The 'minor' issues that I'm dealing with:
-rear right hand window needs new motor/regulator
-center console/rear climate control inop
-fold-down dvd screen inop
-driverside switch lights inop (cruise, VSA, driving/fog light)

As far as the tranny... it was actually replaced 3 times, two under warranty of the first replacement... now there's a story...

861 - 880 of 882 Posts
About this Discussion
881 Replies
502 Participants
JBIII
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing