Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

821 - 840 of 894 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2004 Touring with 242K. I'm the 2nd owner and bought it in 2010, with 120K. I replaced the timing belt, water pump and a tune up after I bought it. I added side steps and had a Yakima Rack System installed for my kayaks/ bikes. I was thinking about trading it in for a newer MDX but decided to keep it. I need to fix the navigation system. I have to enter the code every time I start it. The back up camera is not working too. Going to replace the timing belt, water pump, plugs and have the valves adjusted. Also new shocks all the way around. Cosmetically it only needs the clear redone on the back bumper and the oxidized headlamps replaced. I love driving my MDX! I like the way it handles and it still has a lot to over for my needs!

·
Registered
65 Posts
'01 Touring Edition with 278,000 + 8,000 towed miles (so far - just became our toad recently). Two timing belts. (110K by original owner, 185K when I bought it),

·
Registered
1 Posts
Low Mileage Contender

This forum is great! I just bought an 06 Touring with 68,000 miles three days ago. Beautiful car. The paint and leather are like new. I'm the third owner and have no idea what, if any, maintenance has been done. The engine runs silky smooth but it takes 3-4 seconds to turn over when cold. Heater core may have a slight leak, but everything else works. Where should I begin? And Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
2006 over 254,000 miles. Original transmission. No major work, although needs motor mounts and I suspect struts, etc. Oh yeah, air conditioning just went out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
175K on my 2007 w/tech pkg. The HFL worked for about 20 minutes when I first purchased in 2011 and has never worked since. Any suggestions? Keep getting engine and SHAWD light come on sporadically. What is that? Recently replaced the power steering pump and needed electrical work on my A /C cause it stopped getting cold. Right now there’s a problem with the rear passenger door latch. The door won’t open. If there are any suggestions please share. I try to stay away from the dealer as much as possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
07 Base model with 155k. 2nd owner. Had it just over a year. So far, so good. Bluetooth is disconnected but I don't miss it. Routine Mobil 1 synth oil changes. New tires. Replaced battery and put on lead connectors due to mysterious power-failures while driving down the road. $6 part installed by local mechanic, only charged for 1/4 hr! Problem fixed. New rear suspension. Now, I think my pinion rack needs replacement but that's my first big repair. Thinking of doing front suspension (original) at same time to save on labor costs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2002 Original owner, 250,000 miles. Dealer maintained. Has been perfect, except one tranny replacement and a bunch of AC work. HOWEVER, this last week, it blew a head gasket which popped the radiator. $4,000 quote to fix - without rebuilding heads. Struggling if we should do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking through this thread, I'm impressed on how much miles you all have been putting down with your MDX's, especially those that have done so with their 1st gens!

My 2008 is a little over 117,000 miles. We're looking at replacing ours, but I can see the next owner bringing it to 200k and perhaps beyond.

2002 Original owner, 250,000 miles. Dealer maintained. Has been perfect, except one tranny replacement and a bunch of AC work. HOWEVER, this last week, it blew a head gasket which popped the radiator. $4,000 quote to fix - without rebuilding heads. Struggling if we should do it.
Did you end up getting it fixed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
2002 Original owner, 250,000 miles. Dealer maintained. Has been perfect, except one tranny replacement and a bunch of AC work. HOWEVER, this last week, it blew a head gasket which popped the radiator. $4,000 quote to fix - without rebuilding heads. Struggling if we should do it.[/QU

Check to see if co2 in radiator....could Just be a popped radiator , I've seen it before in another 2002 MDX ..... Dealers will lead you in a expensive direction because theyre greedy

821 - 840 of 894 Posts