Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 882 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
acuramdxman said:


are you the original owner? any torque converter problems or transmission? any issues at all?
Original owner, no transmission problems at all, although I'm starting to get leery of the torque converter. A couple of times at lower speeds I've thought I've felt it slip and on a recent long trip with the radio off I could hear a very faint high pitch whine that would come and go as the gas pedal was depressed (not speed or RPM dependent). So that leads me to believe it's the TC. I'll post a follow-up if I have it looked at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,445 Posts
midnightMDX said:
Sinecure's 01 probably has the highest miles. I think he is closing in on 190k. There have been other reports of MDX's around the 200k mark.

I only have about 32000 on my 04. The previous owner didnt put that many miles on it.
Maybe for users on this board, but I'm sure there are higher mileage ones out there. I'm over 186K now. I should break 200K sometime in the spring / early summer. Hopefully I'll be paying attention so I can take a picture of the dash when it happens.

Here we are from March, 2005:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Sinecure said:


Maybe for users on this board, but I'm sure there are higher mileage ones out there. I'm over 186K now. I should break 200K sometime in the spring / early summer. Hopefully I'll be paying attention so I can take a picture of the dash when it happens.

Here we are from March, 2005:



have you had any tc or transmission problems Sinecure?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
90,000 miles on the '04 I just acquired last week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,866 Posts
Re: 175,000 still very happy with mine

bduvall said:
175,000 on my '01, still a great vehicle
Impressive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For those of you who are posting miles, it would also be a good reference for others, if you list any issues you've had along the way. :)

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,347 Posts
03. 80K. No real issues (broken vent tabs, rear heater fuse, etc). Nothing major :crossesfingers:!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
phins2rt said:
03. 80K. No real issues (broken vent tabs, rear heater fuse, etc). Nothing major :crossesfingers:!
I never understood how one could break the vent tabs... are they really just that brittle? While shopping for an MDX, I noticed a couple with broken tabs and just thought that the previous owner had kids screwing around. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
2003 with 83k miles, no major issues. Purchased new. Two motor mounts replaced, starter replaced (worked fine, but had a whine on some cold mornings). Very happy with the vehicle and service thus far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
tygger said:


I never understood how one could break the vent tabs... are they really just that brittle? While shopping for an MDX, I noticed a couple with broken tabs and just thought that the previous owner had kids screwing around. :p
I broke the two in my center stack the first week I owned the vehicle. The first one just came right off in my hand. So I got pissed off and grabbed for the second one and it snapped right off, too. First time ever in my life that a piece of interior trim broke on me. The interior and materials quality on the MDX leaves a lot to be desired compared to my VWs and Volvos. On the other hand, it has far fewer rattles and squeaks so I guess it's a tradeoff.
 
1 - 20 of 882 Posts
About this Discussion
881 Replies
502 Participants
JBIII
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing
Top