Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rolled 161,000 in my 2014 SH-AWD Adv/Ent... and I'm tracking down some vibrations on the interstate that I think might be the carrier bearing in the prop shaft

I'm kinda wondering what all needs to be "looked forward to" in terms of higher mileage failures as things wear out.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
956 Posts
I'm also interested too! Especially ones with the ZF-9spd.

Reactions: pauwas

·
Registered
70 Posts
All my Hondas had starter/alternator/ac/pspump all go in the 100k-150k range. Usually driver power window and a power lock near a finnicky kid go too. If any of these haven't gone yet you may start expecting them to.

In areas like the northeast with lots of potholes, I've often had swaybars go in the 150-200k range and you can usually tell by creaks on potholes.

And had bad luck with an Odyssey where both transmission and a cylinder went near 150k.

Otherwise I've never had anything else go bad and usually keep cars until near 200k. And with probably 70% city driving, and seasonal temps ranging from -10 to +110, they are hard miles on the cars.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I want to hear from the high mileage sport hybrid owners. I hope I can get my usual +10 years and +150,000 miles from my hybrid like my previous Acuras.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm @ 120K on 2016 MDX Tech. So far so good.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to hear from the high mileage sport hybrid owners. I hope I can get my usual +10 years and +150,000 miles from my hybrid like my previous Acuras.
I can't say for sure about the E-rear-axle, but I know the V6 IMA up front is robust and will last. I've got 150K on my CRZ with the 4cyl IMA with no longevity issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
95kmi. So far so good! Drives like it is new. Only throttle body stuck closed issue.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
956 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts