Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Who gets the X?

• Let her choose and just live with her decision?

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Keep the TL-S (The X is hers afterall)!

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Give her the TL-S (She\'s the boss!)

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Alternate cars (yuk!)

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who gets the X (me or my wife)?

Problem: I got myself a TL-S last summer, it has about 12K miles, and is my 'dream' car. A couple of months ago I got my wife an MDX, it has about 1200 miles on it entirely by me! I just 'gave' the X to my wife and two days later she wants to give it back! WHAT DO I DO?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Keep the MDX for yourself -- the view is so much better!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
When we bought our MDX, it was to be my wife's car. Once I drove it...no way. I HAD to have it. That decision cost me a BMW 530i for her! Guess what? It was worth it. I love the X...and I get to drive the BMW whenever I want!

Give her the TL, I am sure you will get to drive it when you want.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maik said:
Give her the TL, I am sure you will get to drive it when you want.
Yeah, you're probably right! I think I'll go out to the garage right now and transfer all our stuff (phone cords, radar detectors, CDs, etc) back to the proper vehicles!
:29:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote: "A couple of months ago I got my wife an MDX"

Did she say she wanted an MDX? Or did you decide she should have an MDX because you wanted one? The answers to these questions should tell you which car you should be driving.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife told me last year that she wanted an MDX when the lease on CL ran out. So, that's what I did -- now I wonder if it was just another example of her knowing what I want and magically creating a situation so I end up with the goods! (I think I'll keep her, and the 'X!)

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you like the MDX, then let her have the TL- S. That way, you've got two fine vehicles for you to drive. The alternatives are:

1) Make her keep the MDX even if she's unhappy.
2) Sell the MDX for 100% of what you paid and let her get her own hot sport sedan.:D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We unofficially dubbed the TL-S "her car" last night, and her response was "What if I want the MDX back some day?" I figure it this way, it's probably better to let her decide at any given time which one she wants, and I'll just live with it!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We too own both

It is a fun problem to have:1:

Usually my wife drives the MDX and I drive the TL-S; but we both switch off fairly often, depending on which vehicle we want to go out in (but that's another poll :cool: ).

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
AcuraMDX2002 said:
We unofficially dubbed the TL-S "her car" last night, and her response was "What if I want the MDX back some day?" I figure it this way, it's probably better to let her decide at any given time which one she wants, and I'll just live with it!
Wise choice...:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts