Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Acura only produces one update disk per year in the fall. They don't do any updates or versions changes during the year. You might wait until the start of summer to update the Navi database because the prices usually drop to $99 by then if not right before. It starts at $199 in the Fall, $149 late winter to early spring, and down to $99 until the new update is available around Oct/Nov.

Acura Navi Update: The Official Acura Map Update Site | Home | HERE

There was 2 different notes on the 2018 Green DVD map update page for the MDX saying if you have database version IT001.00.05, IT003.02.01 or IT002.01.04, it will require two disks to update. Not sure if that would be an additional charge?

I updated my database a year ago around April of 2017 when the prices dropped to $99. My info would be a year out of date.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Actually I am not really interested in navigation software update. I want to know if the software for the transmission is up to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The second "System/Device Information" screen is the Navi database version, VIN, and device S/N numbers needed to update Navi DVD. I did the 6AT update; but, don't know how to double-check if it is listed on a Navi diagnostic screen somewhere. Give me the commands to see it and I can post a pic when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Actually I am not really interested in navigation software update. I want to know if the software for the transmission is up to date
That's the TCU and ECU software. I don't know if you can see that through the head unit. I doubt it. I think you would need a Honda Diagnostics System tool to dig that deep. But AFAIK without a subscription to their expensive service all you could do is look. Anyway, they only release software "updates" in response to a problem. AFAIK, unless there's a TSB, there probably isn't an "update". https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_tools1.asp

The embedded systems in these cars are nothing like the micro supercomputers we carry around in our pockets these days. More like mainframes, where "updates" consist of rigorously tested "patches" applied to specific subsystems. The idea is to change as little as possible, because if it flakes out in unexpected ways, missiles might start launching, or billions of dollars might go missing, or something like that. :surprise:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I checked out my dia-screen and it had the exact same information (other than a different VIN). I didn't look at the Navi database info since my data is from 2017 and you were looking for 6AT firmware version. I did notice my screen with the HFL diagram was all green while you had a red HFL and XM(HIP).ECU modules. I think these screens is related to navi, XM, and HFL only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.