Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious who bought the last '01? Take a look at the last 5 digits of your VIN. Mine is 42915. It seems pretty high - considering I read somewhere (can't find the link now) that said Acura sold about 43,000 MDXes. That # may be wrong, but mine is close to the 43k.

Anyway - just curious who on this board got the last one :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Do the last 5 digit sequence number include the Canadian MDXes? Anyone knows?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
411 Posts
There were some dark emeralds built in late October delivered in November....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tallahassee - welcome to the forum :) It looks like you may be one of the last built. I am going to see if I can find out how many '01 MDXes were built from the Acura/Honda website. Maybe the owner of the last one built should get a prize??

BTW - great color choice Tallahassee :D Post some pics and call Tim if you need accessories. You also should look into getting some Zaino to put a really deep shine on the nice black paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. As for the owner of the last built winning a prize, I'm always up for someone getting something for free.

As for the color I bought, it wasn't my first choice. I'm glad the AC works so well because a black car in Florida can be like riding in an oven. Perhaps the saddle colored interior helps moderate the heat (more than the ebony interior would) because so far it's been fine.

I actually went to the local dealer with the intent of ordering a 2002 Granite Green Touring MDX and found that the dealer had the 2001 Black/Saddle Touring on the lot. It had the "Protection Pack" already installed (rear splash guards, wheel locks, cargo mat) and had about 40 miles on it. I bought it for $1,000 off the standard MSRP and got the pack thrown in for no additional charge. I put alot of miles on a car so I wasn't really concerned about the model year change. The whole sales process was very smooth with no pressure of any kind.

I've put about 2000 miles on it so far (two weeks) and it's been a nice ride. I do have the "weeping mirrors" problem but doubt I'll do anything about it. With all the rain and dirt this vehicle will see, the mirror drips will blend right in.

Thanks again for the welcome, and thanks to all the people who post the information on this site. It's a great resource for owners and potential buyers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Possible Winner????

The last five digits on my VIN are 44452.

I was going to wait for 02', but my Benz' decided it was time to check out, so I found a brand new 01' with 10 miles on it.

2001 / Black / Saddle / Wood Shift / Mud Flaps.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Did you get a price break for buying one of the last 01s? I know that the dealers were getting Greens with their 02s...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Long Story.....

GCk:

It's a long story, but I'll give you the Reader' Digest version. I paid $2K under invoice, $35,450.

Call it luck. Here in Boston, there is still a 4-6 month waiting list. I found this company, Lease-By-Tel, out of Dearborn , MI. They actually pulled my X out of Jackson, MS. The reason I got it under MSRP is that they kind of screwed up the delivery date and I threatened to back out. Unfortunately, the truck driver already left MS enroute to Beantown, so let's just say, I had the upper hand in the negotiations.

I guess it really doesn't matter to me, the differences in 01' and 02' were insignificant to meet my needs.

I'm just pumped to be driving an AWESOME set of wheels and I didn't have to wait much more than 3 weeks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Pacman:

Was is 2K under sticker or invoice? It seems like it should be 2K under sticker ... it's still heck of a deal. I was offered a deal on a 01, but at 100 off MSRP. I passed. I would certainly have had the 01, if it was a 2K difference.

I was in conversations with those lease-by-tel guys. They never got back to me after they got all my information.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sticker

Hey GCK:

$2K under sticker......I wish it would of been on the invoice, but being that it was fresh from the factory with no mileage, I was expecting to pay sticker or more. Like I said, I think it was a little luck and a little misfortune for Lease-by-Tel.

I wish I could say that it was an easy transaction, but it wasn't. The bottom line is that I had to stay on top of them and when they finally picked up the the vehicle in MS, I was ready to cancel my order. The beauty is that I never even gave them a penny, so I would of just walked away. In the end, the local guy was beside himself because I had enough of the "lack of communication" and he only then offered the reduction in price to satisfy an unhappy customer.

What ever happened is definitely working out for the best because this x kicks a**!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
pacman
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing