Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

White smoke after car started up

8K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  greggebhardt 
#1 ·
Hi,

So I found out that after started up the car in the morning, I have more white smoke coming out from the exhaust tip than other cars on the road, but it did go away after the car warms up, anyone experiencing this?

Thank you

#4 ·
white smoke in the mornings especially if cold or humid is usually just the internal engine and exhaust burning off condensation, or the heat from the tail pipe coming into contact with colder air or humid air and will cause condensation.

Depends on where you live, but in the humid south east I can get it anytime i'm sitting at a stop idling in the mornings bcs of humidity, and in when I was in AK I could get white smoke (condensation) when it's cold. In AK that condensation from the tail pipe vapor and melting snow from cars would fall to the ground and make ice patches at red lights; which made it tricky to stop.

If your gauges aren't showing anything, and you've checked your cooling water levels and your oil for coolant water intrusion (water in oil looks like chocolate milk or chocolate pudding or chocolate mouse) then I wouldn't worry. I saw it this morning and it was 35 degrees and snowing. I don't even think about it anymore.

#5 ·
If the white smoke has a whiff of engine coolant smell is another way to check before looking at coolant levels and engine oil.

#6 ·
I gets lots of white smoke..more than any car around me at any given time (i'm in NY).

Sometimes it is funny to see clouds forming around the car :D. But dealer said its normal when I bought the car and said it would get better with time.. A year later the smoke is still hanging on tight.

#7 ·
My two Accords, and the two odysseys did the same. So I am used to it. They all had the 3.5 ltr engine too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.