Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a '02 mdx but i cant make up my mind on what color to get... white, black, or grey... i'm kind of leaning more towards black or silver because the white limits me to the saddle interior ... and i have nephews.... and i dont have the patients to scrub out stains...

...if possible could someone provide me with some pics and some suggestions to help me choose... and i plan on upgrading my 17's to 20's(next summer)... help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
681 Posts
Silver is Low Maintenance

My wife got to pick the color since she let me pick the car:4: and she chose silver. It had proven to be easy to keep looking nice with a minimum of effort. I think the black looks really sharp but from comments on this group - it is a better choice if you don't mind spending more time washing and polishing.
If I was getting one now I think I would lean towards the Redrock Red but to each his own.
Meep Meep

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
This depends on how much time you will be spending with 'X on its look. All three colors look great while they are shine. But Silver hides the dirt best.

I like silver best, b/c I only need to wash it every other week and the car looks shinny.

- JTM

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Browse the Gallery Forum

There are lots of pictures in the Gallery Forum.

We too picked out our interior color first and then the exterior. We preferred Saddle which eliminated several exterior colors; we ultimately chose Mahogany:2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for responding... i think i may be going with the silver with black interior... does any body no aspecific post with some good pics of a black mdx... i found one for the white 1... it looks good but i cant go with the saddle interior...

...by the way my mdx will be coming in late july, earlly august once i make up my mind...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Silver is my vote:2: You can click on the first link on my signature to see some pics of the silver w/Navi with some exterior and interior mods.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Silver is great

The exterior of the Silver MDX is really easy to keep looking good, I just hose it off and dry the windows, but I could do with some advice on the interior. While it doesn't look dirty, it does get smeary and I don't want to use a cleaner that will give it a shine. I know you experts will have some idea on the right product.

2002 Silver Touring:2:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
NOOO Get Black it slick and sharp looking.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Re: Silver is great

gillf said:
The exterior of the Silver MDX is really easy to keep looking good, I just hose it off and dry the windows, but I could do with some advice on the interior. While it doesn't look dirty, it does get smeary and I don't want to use a cleaner that will give it a shine. I know you experts will have some idea on the right product.

2002 Silver Touring:2:
Zaino Z9 and Z10
Z9 - Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
Z10 - Leather in a Bottle Treatment and Conditioner

also look in the Detailing Forum

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here's another vote for silver.

Tally up the votes ... the winner is silver :D

I am not biased, really :29:

·
Registered
671 Posts
If white, black or silver are you only choices, I would suggest the black for looks, the white for cool, and the silver for hiding dirt. However, in my opinion, the black is the hardest to keep clean (my TL-S is black with black leather and is the best looking, but only when clean), the white is pretty easy to keep clean looking, and the silver will eventually look gray (no insult intended to all you SS owners).

In a word, BLACK.

Look for paul123's pics - his black is real nice!

Mine is Redrock - the best of the best!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
We got white, because I wanted saddle interior. If Black would've been OK, I'd gone with Granite Green. It's got the appeal of silver with a lot more personality.

The X looks good in black, but it's a pain to keep clean.

1. White
2. Silver

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
HIGH MAINTENANCE

I PERSONALLY LOVE THE BLACK BUT MUST ADMIT IT IS HIGH MAINTENANCE, AND DOES SHOW EVERY SPECK OF DIRT UP CLOSE. AFTER AN APPLICATION OF ZAINO IT LOOKS GREAT THOUGH. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THE BLACK IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GARAGE TO KEEP IT IN. CLICK ON MY VEHICLE BELOW TO SEE MY MOST RECENT PIC'S.:7: :10:

·
Registered
442 Posts
None of the above?

Black does look the coolest of the three. I saw a white one with the gold emblem kit and it also looked quite sharp. I see a lot of silver's around here and in my opinion they look kind of blah...
If I could chose again I'd go for Havasu Blue.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Re: Re: Silver is great

PolyTat said:

Zaino Z9 and Z10
Z9 - Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
Z10 - Leather in a Bottle Treatment and Conditioner

Poly,

Tell me where do you get those Zaino products. :cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
They are all good.....

It doesn't matter what color you get, you will love it regardless.

I grueled over the same things...how hard is a dark color to keep clean, how hot is a black interior...that kind of crap. I traded off a gold car with a saddle interior that was easy to keep clean and in theory not as hot in the sun, for this black MDX with a black interior. It hasn't been a problem. Sure, it will show a waterspot but I wiped those off the gold car too. The AC is sooooo great in these things that a black interior is not a problem at all.

Just get what makes your heart palpitate. Don't compromise.

I really like black, but I also saw my first Havasu blue yesterday up close and personal. I liked it a lot. It had an emerald green bug shield on it though that had an Acura logo on it....why would anyone do that? Seems this bug shield would only look good on an emerald green MDX.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks everyone for your opinions... its been very help full in my decision... I took a late night trip down to the acura dealer last night(shhhh!) and they had a white mdx in the back... and i think i will be going with the white... I will be shooting down there to day to give them my deposit so they can start making the vehicle for me(2 -3 month wait)... while im down there i will check out the saddle interior... but if its too light i will probablly go with black/w ebony... i dont mind doing exterior work... but interior(cleaning rugs) is a pain if you ask me...

Once again thanks... and i cant wait to become a MDX owner and join the group...

MyMDXistheBest a.k.a Antartic

·
Registered
88 Posts
We went with Black and Saddle interior. We were originally going to go with ebony interior,but after spending some time waiting inside the floor models at different dealership in both we decided on saddle, because the black seemed a little claustrophobic and the saddle "seemed" bigger...

That's my 2 cents with 3 cents change....

Whatever you choose I am sure you will be happy with your new 'X'.

:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts