Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a 850 mile trip to NYC. Was surprised to hear a whistling sound when the ac was working. This seemed to happen the moment the compressor would switch on to cool and would go away the compressor stopped. The sound was similar to the whistling noise heard by others at high speeds. For me it was a similar sound but with a different symptom.
Was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. Plan to contact my dealer tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had the same "problem" ... It happened right after I picked up vehicle from dealer for oil change. The solution is easy. Look under dash on passanger side. There is a little fitting which his easily dislodged by either "foot" or when vehicle is vacuumed. It just snaps back in place and problem is fixed!:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 24.... for your fix. You were right. Surprisingly, the fitting was snapped on. I opened it and the sound is gone!!!. It comes on if it is snapped in place. How wierd. I wonder if there is a loss in efficiency or having this fitting open will affect anything in terms of performance.
Amazingly, I went on my trip on Fri after picking up the vehicle on Thu after a dealer service. So this might have started after I picked it up from them. I may not have noticed it immediately since the radio was on all time.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To TheWorm

Done as per your suggestion.

We expected you to strike last night at 8pm. What happened? Were you driven away by something/someone............:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
24Blacker11 said:
I had the same "problem" ... It happened right after I picked up vehicle from dealer for oil change. The solution is easy. Look under dash on passanger side. There is a little fitting which his easily dislodged by either "foot" or when vehicle is vacuumed. It just snaps back in place and problem is fixed!:)
I had the same problem for the past month and was getting ready to have it checked out. When I got home last night, I did what you said and no more whistling sound.

Thanks 24Backer11!

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
Manatee said:

I had the same problem for the past month and was getting ready to have it checked out. When I got home last night, I did what you said and no more whistling sound.

Thanks 24Backer11!

WOW, talk about bringing back a really old thread. And :welcome: back long time member! Good stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC Noise when you brake

Has anyone encountered an ac noise but only when you press on the brakes. It sounds like a belt but we have had two mechanics look at it and they cannot figure it out. Someone suggested the vacuum but I was wondering if it could be the plug that was referenced earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts