Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The car leaves the lights on to aid you getting into the house in the dark, but normally just long enough to walk in (the delay is programmable, IIRC, through the dash display). I guess if you don't open the driver's door, the "start button" doesn't get pushed, and the lights will stay on dutifully waiting for the driver to exit.

I'd call that a programming glitch, though obviously it won't be a big problem for most people most of the time - only those who leave their headlights on auto, and who enter and exit via the passenger's door and turn the ignition on and off.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update to the main subject of this thread.

Yesterday, 5-13-20, I added two tubes (2oz ea) of Lubegard instant shudder fix. This was recommended by a another poster on this forum. It worked. There is a significant reduction in the high frequency whine from the torque converter. I would be exaggerating to say it's silent but, I had to turn the radio off to hear it. What is incredible is that it actually happened instantly. The whine was gone the first time I reached 60mph. Incredible. Here is a link to what I purchased on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Lubegard 19610 Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx 2 Ounce 2 Pack: Automotive

I hope this helps others and you can also enjoy some peace and quiet! Thanks so much again to this forum. It's a great resource for these vehicles.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I had luck with that, too. My transmission's whine would always be reduced after a fluid change (which would come with a fresh dose of LubeGard Platinum, for good measure). I could never really get it to go away, but it was low enough that it was only a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Update to the main subject of this thread.

Yesterday, 5-13-20, I added two tubes (2oz ea) of Lubegard instant shudder fix. This was recommended by a another poster on this forum. It worked. There is a significant reduction in the high frequency whine from the torque converter. I would be exaggerating to say it's silent but, I had to turn the radio off to hear it. What is incredible is that it actually happened instantly. The whine was gone the first time I reached 60mph. Incredible. Here is a link to what I purchased on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Lubegard 19610 Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx 2 Ounce 2 Pack: Automotive

I hope this helps others and you can also enjoy some peace and quiet! Thanks so much again to this forum. It's a great resource for these vehicles.
That’s awesome news, mine is still running great two years later. 👍

21 - 24 of 24 Posts