Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 MDX. A couple of days ago, it started making a whistling noise when the engine idles and it get more acute as the rpm goes up either by revving the engine up parked or running. Also while running at certain rpm (vibration frequency I guess) I hear a noise similar to when a muffler heat shield is loose and rattles. My suspicion is either exhaust or intake as the noise sounds like air passing through a very small passage (leak). I am almost disregarding an intake leak (vacuum hose or anything similar) since my RPM is stable.

Do you guys thinks this might be an exhaust leak? How do I check this is the case?

As per the rattle, I checked both muffler heat shield and they are good. Maybe another heat shield?

Here is a video with the noise it's making:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Sounds like electric interference to me...

Reactions: locorecto

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like electric interference to me...
You are right man. I disconnected my aftermarket amp and the noise went away. I need to ground the Line-output-converter or something to avoid this noise. I still have to figure out the other rattling noise when I rev up hard.

I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks @skirmich

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 08 MDX. A couple of days ago, it started making a whistling noise when the engine idles and it get more acute as the rpm goes up either by revving the engine up parked or running. Also while running at certain rpm (vibration frequency I guess) I hear a noise similar to when a muffler heat shield is loose and rattles. My suspicion is either exhaust or intake as the noise sounds like air passing through a very small passage (leak). I am almost disregarding an intake leak (vacuum hose or anything similar) since my RPM is stable.

Do you guys thinks this might be an exhaust leak? How do I check this is the case?

As per the rattle, I checked both muffler heat shield and they are good. Maybe another heat shield?

Here is a video with the noise it's making:

is the whistling sound coming from the engine compartment or is it coming from inside the vehicle does it sound like resistance coming through the electrical system through the speakers when you're playing the radio or does it sound like a vacuum leak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts