Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a whistling noise by the front passenger window when driving 70+? I can't figure out what is causing the noise or if this is suppose be normal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same issue. I took it in to the dealer expecting they would change the weather stripping but they actually changed the passenger side mirror and that fixed the problem. Unfortunately they didn't replace the 3M that I had applied by the same dealer but I didn't feel like fighting it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once they replaced the mirror the whistling went away? Thats surprising. Going to have a hard time convincing the dealer of that.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
It's more than likely the piano black gloss garnish strip on the b pillar coming loose.

But as always, it's best to take a technician with you on a test drive and physically show them the issue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Look in front of your mirror (where you can see the mirrored side) then look left to your window where it is connected there should be a rubber weather strip. As it gets older it shrinks and makes a hole. That hole is the whistling.
Get some Black caulk and fill it up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Once they replaced the mirror the whistling went away? Thats surprising. Going to have a hard time convincing the dealer of that.
Yes it fixed the problem. I was somewhat incredulous when I read the work order as I didn't think the mirror could have caused the noise but the problem went away. They identified the issue pretty quick and had two guys go out on the drive to pinpoint the noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts