Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2002 Premium MDX and had a factory air deflector installed. I am hearing a light whistle that I believe is originating from the deflector. Any ideas without going to a mask?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
From reading other posts here that is a common complaint for the factory hood deflector.

I was lucky and found out about the problems with the Acura hood deflector before receiving my MDX. Bought the Formfit from Tim and it is great, no noises, easy to install, looks good, and costs less to boot.

I'd complain to the dealer with the goal of having them remove yours and giving you a refund. Then get the Formfit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
A friend who owns a Pilot has the same problem. Looks like they did not learn from tthe MDX deflector and make necessary changes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do I order the Formfit? the whistle only occurs between 35 and 45 miles/hour--only every few seconds in suburban driving! Ugh.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
deac84 said:
Just purchased a 2002 Premium MDX and had a factory air deflector installed. I am hearing a light whistle that I believe is originating from the deflector. Any ideas without going to a mask?

Thanks
deac84, haven't heard from you in a while, still have the Acura deflector or have you replaced it yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally gave up on the OEM deflector and returned it for credit at the dealership for other options. I may try the Canadian made deflector later, but for now the silence is golden.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts