Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my 07 mdx w 200k has a serious whining noise that seems to be coming from steering and a bit of throttle- however when car is turned off and then restart it seems to go away for a bit of time? I have lifetime warranty and several years ago steering pump replaced but this whining seems to be off and on...

·
Registered
985 Posts
The two most common issues are the PS fluid reservoir and the "O" ring on the inlet side of the pump. Check to see if the fluid in the reservoir is getting aerated (bubbles), and if that's the case you need to replace the "O" ring to stop it from sucking air. If no bubbles replace the reservoir. There is a screen in the bottom of it that gets clogged over time and restricts flow to the pump. Either of these conditions can cause the pump to whine and can be intermittent.

·
Registered
363 Posts
A friend of mine had a very slow leak on the HP hose. The hose developed hair line cracks where the fluid was slowly leaking. After seeing his, I went to check the hose in my MDX and similar hair line cracks were starting to develop in mine too with no leaks on mine. We ordered both hoses and replaced them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts