Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we got our MDX last week, the sales person suggested that we follow the 'frequent service schedule' (sorry, forgot the official name for the schedule from acura) because the weather condition here in dallas, texas is kind of stressful for the car... which means that an oilchange every 3750 miles instead of 7500 miles.....

i would like to know how often you service your X and which schedule you follow? a little bit more information on the weather condition would also be helpful....

thanks,

__________________-
2002 redrock pearl with touring, BSM, RMG, MRV and WL

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Per the manual (and to keep you warranty) if:

yor drive "MAINLY" in conditions of over 90 degrees, you will need to follow the "severe Service" schedule.

(There are other criteria that would also, independently, trigger severe service.

So, if you drive more than 50% of the time in 90 degree heat (and I think so in Dallas, like in Sacramento) you will need to. HOWEVER, this is not true all year- just step it up for the summer months. Right about May 1 I will start the "summer schedule", typically through Sept. (Sacramento has approx 30 days a year in excess of 100F, believe it or not)

Read your manual-there are important distinctions. The VTM4 service is pricey, BUT this does not get serviced more frequently if it is just used in hot weather. (see foot note in the manual)

Ard

PS Lots of discussion on this here as well... look back a ways.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
According to the manual

I always recommend that people follow the manual - the printed one!

Having said that; the manual states that high daytime temperatures qualifies you for Severe Driving conditions, which means the 3750 intervals. I live in the metro Houston area and follow that schedule. Dallas gets much colder in the winter time. Perhaps you could follow 3750 oil changes in the long summers, and push it a tad in the wintertime? But all thing considered oil changes are cheap.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
oil change schedule

3000 miles or 3 months is my schedule.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts