Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is my dilemma, I am going to be a future owner of an MDX. I am still doing my research and with the jump in prices from 02 to 03 I will be taking my time to save more money.

What I need is some feedback from current owners of 02 or 03's on whether it is better to go for an MDX model with the navi, navi& RES or go navi and then at a later time have a RES installed by Best Buy or some other place like that.

I like the nvai and as of last year would have gone for that as the only option. But with the RES and having a kid on the way, I am thinking that the RES would be a nice thing to have. But is it worth the cost to buy from Acura as part of a model line up, or from Best Buy or other?

I would ask the local dealer about future installation of the RES by them but I don't trust them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If the kid is on the way...

Then it will be a few years before you need the RES for the kid. How long do you keep your vehicles? My wife and I hope to have children, but we went without the RES (did get the navi though) and will install aftermarket or buy a new car when we have a child that is old enough.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I agree with TopDog. FWIW, this technology will only get cheaper and more functional as time goes by. If you don't need it right away, I think waiting a couple of years will get you more functionality at a lower price. My $.02.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. My wife and I are planning on having our first child latter this year. It's on the way!!! I have typically kept my first two cars (both used) for four years. My current car, and first new one, is a Acura Integra 2 door, it's in the middle of it's fourth year. Early next year it will be paid off in not sooner and it will be mine to keep trade or whatever. There is no way I can use that car with a childs seats and my wifes is a two door also. I really like the MDX with the navi and since I am in agreement with you two, I think I may go for the one with the navi and put in an after market RES later when the child can truely enjoy it.

Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You're Welcome!

Maybe by the time you are ready, there won't be a waiting list to order one. Otherwise, you may wish to factor in a few months wait time to when you are ready to purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts