Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently shopping between a 2006 Acura MDX with 108,000 miles and a 2005 Acura MDX with 158,000. The 2006 MDX is about $3000 more, but doesn't have any service records and has not has had timing belt/water pump replaced. The 2005 MDX, though not as nice in condition, has had all service performed and documented. SHAREit

On looks, I'd prefer the 2006, but I feel the older one is in better shape mechanically Appvn . Is the mileage difference a big deal, considering how well maintained the older vehicle is? How likely would a dealer do the maintenance on the vehicle for the same selling price? Would there be any reason to go with the 2006 other than because I like it more?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The timing belt service is whatever is first in 7yr or 105,000 miles. Sounds like both are due/overdue for that service just based on time. Might be worth taking to a trusted mechanic and have them check mechanically. I would also download the owner's manual to check the tech to make sure all the features are working properly. It might be little things like paint or interior condition that could move you one way or the other if both check out OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts