Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
It will still be a choice of preference. The MDX is tuned for both 87 and 93 (91 for those states who thinks 93 is overkill). Heck, go for 89 if you want too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you. I again don’t understand why this is still being discussed. The manual and gas flap are very clear. Best performance with premium, despite your tests. However, in most cases, you won’t notice the difference.

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX Advance SH AWD
83 Posts
Not to kick the horse here....but I'm running 87, some 89, mainly because I don't use the vehicle for performance or speed records, it is to go to the beach, to have room for the family, etc, in comfort. But, have noticed a lot of carbon crud/buildup on exhaust finishers. Have to clean them like twice a week. Maybe I'm just ocd. Wondering if 91 would have less carbon blowing out the rear. And maybe a catch can also...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have settled on always using premium. I really do find it runs better, small increase in fuel mileage (although not enough to offset the cost), and the premium blends (in Canada at least) do not contain ethanol. Regular is 10% ethanol.

In the summer we routinely tow the camper trailer and the manual states it does require premium for that. I try to avoid flipping between fuel grades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 43 of 43 Posts