Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Today I went to Acura of Serramonte to get my car checked for those TSBs and get an oil change at the same time. I spoke to the advisor and asked him that I need to check to see if there are any recalls or TSBs that need to be done to my car. His first reaction was to tell me that TSBs are not recalls and they are not obligated to perform them. I was kind of shocked to have him talk to me like a 5th grader. Aside from that, he told me that recalls notices come through the mail and that TSBs are only for the dealerships. I told him that I have the "clunking" noise and that I would like for the suspension to be tightened.

How can I make sure they are checking out my car for problems covered by warranty? I feel like this guy was being overly rude just to cover his butt. You'd think after buying a $45k car that the service department would feel obligated to pamper you or at least tell you everything will be okay, leave it to us, etc.

Should I go to a different dealership in the Bay Area? My other option is Marin. What do you think?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
rx7max...I lived in the Bay Area for 15 years until just recently. I highly recommend Hopkins Acura for both a professional sales and service team. They're down in Redwood City on ElCamino. They serviced 3 Acuras for me with no bs or attitude issues.

Good luck...Paul

·
Registered
479 Posts
We've had a good experience dealing with A of Concord. They did not bat an eye when I requested they perform the work described in the TSBs for the suspension 'clunk' and the weeping mirrors.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell from postings here, they are one of the more costly service centers.

Solono Acura and A of Marin were terrible.

Good Luck.

Happy Trails,
Traveller

·
Registered
209 Posts
another vote...

for hopkins acura in redwood city... they are far and away the best, both in sales AND service.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For North Bay folks, I can certainly recommend Prestige Acura in Santa Rosa (south end of town near Rhonert Park). They have a fine service dept. and treat you like an intelligent human being!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd agree about Prestige Acura in Santa Rosa. I've had very good experiences with their service department so far.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have been an Acura of Los Gatos service customer for over 10 years. Great Service !!

·
Registered
106 Posts
LG Acura Service

Dale/Mark...Glad to hear you've had positive experiences at Los Gatos Acura. I bought my '04 MDX there earlier this year, and I have to say I haven't been real impressed, but based on your feedback, perhaps I've just had bad luck. I've been there three times, all relating to the same accessory install. Not only was the work not done correctly the first two times, but I'm the one who had to point it out. The Svc Advisor quickly agreed both times, but I had to waste my time going out there to pick it up and then finding that the job wasn't done right...twice. Not only was time wasted, but it was somewhat aggravating that something obvious wasn't noticed by the dealer. I asked the SA if they reviewed the vehicle before calling the cust to come to pick it up, and he said no, they just assume the technicians did the job properly. I've dealt with many non-luxury dealers in the past, and have never run into a situation like this, and now it's happened twice within a month at LG Acura. Maybe it has something to do with the SA...Mark/Dale, who's your SA there?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would disagree with Prestige Acura of Santa Rosa. One of the sales guy was a jerk. He was telling me that the MDX is 100% flawless. No Way!! What a bunch of bs. I mention to him about the 2000 rpm drone and clunking brake noise....he never heard about it. I know the MDX is an excellent car but for him to tell me 100% flawless....that's bs. Plus....he said no one ever had any problems with the MDX. Hard to believe. :eek:

ACKICK.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: LG Acura Service

dham said:
Dale/Mark...Glad to hear you've had positive experiences at Los Gatos Acura. I bought my '04 MDX there earlier this year, and I have to say I haven't been real impressed, but based on your feedback, perhaps I've just had bad luck. I've been there three times, all relating to the same accessory install. Not only was the work not done correctly the first two times, but I'm the one who had to point it out. The Svc Advisor quickly agreed both times, but I had to waste my time going out there to pick it up and then finding that the job wasn't done right...twice. Not only was time wasted, but it was somewhat aggravating that something obvious wasn't noticed by the dealer. I asked the SA if they reviewed the vehicle before calling the cust to come to pick it up, and he said no, they just assume the technicians did the job properly. I've dealt with many non-luxury dealers in the past, and have never run into a situation like this, and now it's happened twice within a month at LG Acura. Maybe it has something to do with the SA...Mark/Dale, who's your SA there?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, I don't know what happened to the rest of my post.. thought I answered this. Anyway, Roger one time, and Russel another were my Service Advisors.
I did not buy my MDX at LG. And I now live in the central valley and use a Honda dealer for minor service because they are cheaper.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: LG Acura Service

dham said:
Maybe it has something to do with the SA...Mark/Dale, who's your SA there?

Thanks in advance!
Russel was my S/A one time, and Roger another. Looking way back on previous threads, there had been a couple of minor complaints about the sales dept. at LG but I thought service was OK.
Of course, we had the big RobSJ incident, he was a tech that worked there but did not like Honda products. As far as I know he did not sabotage any. But he was fired a long time ago. Dealership heard he was badmouthing them on this forum. and some NSX owners felt it was their obligation to do him in. Guess they had some free time on their hands.
I did not purchase my vehicle there. Only minor service twice. I live in the central valley now, and have good reports about the local Acura dealer. But they overcharge for minor service, compared to LG even.
So I go to a Honda dealer for minor service.
But LG may be different now too. Sorry I could not help you more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dale...

...actually, that's good feedback...appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mark/Dale...

Just wondered what your experience has been with Los Gatos Acura when it comes to providing free loaner cars when your X is in for warranty service. Thanks...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.