Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member so I apologize if this has been answered previously. I am going to pick up my MDX Navi early next month. Aside from the CD changer ( which I feel is a necessity) which options have you gotten and feel are worthwhile,indispensible or a waste? Can dealers add a phone? Also, what is a reasonable price to pay for an extended warranty? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My advice would be to shop for prices before adding them
at the dealer when purchased. Or during the purchase offer
to buy some at invoice since you are paying full sticker.
The 3 or 4 Dealers I talked to were selling add on's for
double the price. Try eAcura.com for comp's.
I purchased the cargo net and running boards at cost the
day after the purchase. Just offer the survey in trade.
Good Luck

·
681 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Hi,
You'll find most of us here on this board will steer you towards our own Tim (aka hondacuraworld - our forum moderator) who offers great discount pricing and service complete with pictures and installation instructions. Visit his website at http://www.hondacuraworld.com/
Also watch for his monthly specials just for acuramdx.org members at even better prices. June is the Burlwood shift knob and July is the running board/side steps.:D
You'll get plenty of opinions from all of us as to our personal favorite options. If you want to read my own personal humble opinion and pictures visit my website http://www.musc.edu/cando/mdx/notes.html :D
Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I would echo RR's steering you to http://www.hondacuraworld.com and would recommend Tim without hesitation. Best prices any of us have seen, and he's a rock-solid guy to boot. Virtually all of them can be self-installed; you'll save a ton.

Do a quick search as I think we discussed our fave accessories a couple of months ago. Here's one link.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Aha, does Worm have his own design or is this help from roadrunner. Nothing to beat the roadrunner icon.

emilindrac, Tim is the best. I just bought the wood knob. Delivered and business done in the most professional way.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Pittmdx said:
Aha, does Worm have his own design or is this help from roadrunner. Nothing to beat the roadrunner icon.
My sig is courtesy of RoadRunner!

·
Registered
191 Posts
How does RoadRunner come up with this stuff? :)

Nice job!

BTW, it's worth the trip over to his site just to poke around.

http://www.musc.edu/cando/mdx/notes.html

My vote for the coolest accessory(s) are the Razo Lo Beams and the PIAA yellow fogs. The Supervests (thanks DMor) are awesome, too.

Ed

·
681 Posts
To PittMDX - Here's One For You

Hey thanks for noticing my work :D
Here's one for you - hope you're a baseball fan.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I would say ...

... that the cargo net and cargo cover are necessities as are the wheel locks. Of course all accessories can be broken down into two categories: useful/functional and cosmetic. Not that cosmetic is a bad thing mind you. If its an accessory you need/will use, put it at the top of your list. Good luck.

·
681 Posts
To Phillyflyer - Flattery Will Get You Anything

Well I ought be getting these old bones to bed but in view of your kind words I just had to do one for you :D

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Funny thing last night. I'm looking over the posts here on my WebTV at home while my little boy is rolling his big plastic school bus around on the living room floor. He sees me scroll down to Worm's post with his new logo, drops the school bus, and heads right for the TV! He sat there for a couple of minutes just watching Worm's new logo and touching the TV screen and giggling!

How DO you do that, Roadrunner? :D

·
681 Posts
To Hondacuraworld - Beats Me

Good question, I don't know, I just see a name and I just have to do what I have to do :D

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Is that a shiftknob "Tim" is holding? LOL!

·
Registered
110 Posts
TheWorm said:
Is that a shiftknob "Tim" is holding? LOL!
Yes it is! Boy, roadrunner is really on a roll, good thing the weekend is almost here, I think he really needs the rest. :D :D

·
681 Posts
You're Right - Last One For Now

You guys are sharp, didn't know if anyone would spot the June special (which I for one ordered). But you're right, I need to get back to that day job for a while - gotta pay for RoadRunner. So I'm going to pack it in for now. But before I go, there is one very important member that ain't been had yet so ..... Moderator in Chief - This Gifs for You

·
Registered
191 Posts
RoadRunner - Many thanks! I will post your image proudly! :D

Regarding accessories: Mr1Margarita, why did you choose the PIAA hi's rather than the Razo's? Ron seems to recommend the Razo's for the hi/lo beams and the PIAA's for the fogs. I have the lo/fog combo, and it really looks great! I am now considering the hi's. I look forward to your opinion.

Ed

·
Registered
268 Posts
Roadrunner..
I'd like to see a logo for my Userid :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
FatBoyMDX said:
Roadrunner..
That would be good, but I'd really like to see him do Ardvarkus :D

Let's see, 1200 members on the site... :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
FatBoyMDX said:
Roadrunner..
That would be good, but I'd really like to see him do Ardvarkus :D

Let's see, 1200+ members on the site... :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts