Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 03'mdx....which accessoires do you suggest ?

I do like reverse camera and RES... anything else ?

Also to get out and in the the third raw, what shoul I get ?

running boards or side step ?

thank you for the suggestions

·
Registered
30 Posts
Accessories

Each individual has different tastes and needs. With that said I am going with the Navigation, R.E.S., wood shift knob and Manik side steps.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wish List

I would like to get wood steering wheel, dash and shift knob. I would also like front mud flaps, side step, trailer hitch and cargo liner. Aftermarket an upgraded speaker system, trailer hitch step and HIDs are on my list.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Side steps, wood shift knob, rear deflector (painted to match mdx color) and possibly "wood" dash meter kit. Upgraded speakers (at a minimum) including subwoofer. Likely try to use existing headunit but add amplification for clarity. Also considering cargo tray for those trips to Home Depot or the mountains.

·
Registered
117 Posts
cargo net ?

Hey guys...
I need to pile up suitcases in the back (without 3rd row)... is it the cargo net I need to protect passengers in the 2nd row from shifting luggage? If not, which would be the best thing for me to use?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would go with rear mud guards ( I think is standard in 03), wheel locks (standard?), floor mats, cargo tray and manik side steps.

:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Navi is great because I don't have to use big fold out maps or Yahoo maps anymore.
Mud Guards should be standard but not.
Side Steps should be standard to get in and out of the 3rd row.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: cargo net ?

nm2 said:
Hey guys...
I need to pile up suitcases in the back (without 3rd row)... is it the cargo net I need to protect passengers in the 2nd row from shifting luggage? If not, which would be the best thing for me to use?
No, that would be the separation net. The cargo net is a vertical install (usually) at the rear to hold groceries, etc. It's very useful but it will not fit much luggage. Go to Tim's site and check out the pics.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone know which model # Yakima mounts will fit on the Acura roof rack? I think I need Vertical Mighty Mounts for my Ski Carrier and Horizontal Mighty Mounts for my Bike Lockjaws. I want to keep racks but I don't know what mounts I can use yet.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
must haves

hey guys..

for me..here is the following accessories that I must have

1)Separation Net- to keep my chow chow from jumping over the second row seat and tore up our MDX
2)HID- So I can see better at night when I drive where I live...(VERY RURAL)
3)Chrome Caps for Wheels- Just take that cheapness look out of a nice looking OEM rim.
4)MANIK Side Steps - makes the chrome handles and my OEM wheels look cool
5)22 inch Neeper wheels chromed...when I can financially buy it
6)Front windows tint- Makes the Black MDX look whole and also protects the glare from sun on my leather seats
7)Rear Deflector(Color matched)- Gives the MDX the sporty look.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My must haves:
See my signature......I have it, because I MUST!!!

And yes, after seeing the X with the rear deflector, I think they look much better with them. Definitely get it painted to match the vehicle.
By the way, Tim's guys did a great job on mine....looks just like the rest of the vehicle!
GREAT JOB, TIM!!

:cool:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
kal101 said:
For 03'mdx....which accessoires do you suggest ?

I do like reverse camera and RES... anything else ?

Also to get out and in the the third raw, what shoul I get ?

running boards or side step ?

thank you for the suggestions
Touring with Navi and RES
side steps
all wood products, wheel, knob, meter panel
tailgate spoiler
lower trim painted if possible
Hid's aftermarket
Extended warranty
Acura Mats-Waterproof
Wheel locks
any other items listed in my signature

·
3,109 Posts
front air deflector?

Does the front air deflector really work in keeping the windshield clean from bugs, etc.? And is it permenatly fixed or is it removeable?

I think it looks :28: , but might consider using it during trips, if it is detachable.

Recomendations please...

Thanx!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Re: which accessories are must have

paul123 said:
any other items listed in my signature
Good one:29: Yep, just check out peoples signatures for their MUST-HAVE goodies:1:
Seriously get a full size spare ASAP.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I find it quite effective in reducing the windshield bug count by sheer numbers.
But bugs are not a big issue with me where I live.
A bigger concern are small rocks, etc. that might pock-mark the paint on the hood.
It eliminates that very well.
So if you want to only use it during 'bug season' it's probably not worth it in my opinion. Just don't wait too long to wash them off.
Deflectors I know about, are all semi-detachable. If you are continually screwing and unscrewing fastners either something will end up worn or stripped. I remove mine every six months for a good cleaning & repolishing of the total painted hood surface.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Video system. . . I'm getting one put together from ebay. . .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cargo tray,
Cargo tray,
Cargo tray,

Oh, yeah, and the navi pretty useful, too!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Re: front air deflector?

zafer said:
Does the front air deflector really work in keeping the windshield clean from bugs, etc.? And is it permenatly fixed or is it removeable?

I think it looks :28: , but might consider using it during trips, if it is detachable.

Recomendations please...

Thanx!
Zafer,

If you purchase the Acura deflector, YES, it is UGLY. I would suggest you purchase the FORMFIT one. It is about the same price and look much better. I had it put on mine. Afterall, I could see a lot of BUGs on the bumper, but not many on the hood or front windshield.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts