Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of Bostonians have travelled far and wide to purchase an MDX (FL, RI, etc.). Which dealer are you using for service? Please relate your experiences with your Acura service dept., positive or negative. I am taking delivery in RI in a week, and am considering alternatives to driving 75 miles for service. Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great idea to start this chapter of the MDX family!!

I live in So NH. Bought mine at Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH and am very pleased with their service. Best I've ever had from a dealer. Very customer focused and very thorough. I'm sure you are looking for something closer to home, but if you aren't happy in the immediate Boston area, give them a try.

·
Registered
442 Posts
So far my sales and service experiences at Acura of Peabody have been excellent. They're about 20 minutes north of Boston.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Buying in RI

MDX88... I bought mine at Acura of Newport and always return for service. They are awesome. Don't know where in MA you live but Newport will do pickup & delivery service of a FREE loaner car when you are having any service performed not just warraty work like the folks at Inskip in Warwick. I know they go out to the cape on a regular basis and I've heard them going even up to the 128 belt too.

Of course I must say that one of the main resons I bought and service with Newport is that I work in Newport so service is easy. My wife and I have bought our last 4 cars from them and only have service doen from them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
24Blacker11 - I am getting my MDX from Acura of Newport. I will give them a shot for service based on your recommendation, and the positive feedback of others. I can drop it off and then spend a nice day in beautiful Newport. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Free loaner

MDX88... If you schedule your service about a week in advance they will give you a FREE loaner to get around with. Makes the site seeing a bit easier :D . Tell Dave, Jason or Keri in service you came to Newport based on recommendations from the MDX.org site (and me ... Dan). They'll treat you right.

Let me know when your down... I work in Newport maybe we can meet for lunch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 24 - will look you up next time I'm in for service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Herb Connolly as second choice

I live very close to Herb Connolly, but I found myself traveling
to Clair (where I bought my X) more often. Here's why..

When I call for prices on service at Herb Connolly and then check
with Clair, I find Clair is always cheaper. When I call Herb Connolly back and tell them I live closer to them and would rather travel the shorter distance but they need to be more competive, they put me on hold, then come back and reluctanely match the price.

When the Timing Belt Tensioner recall came out, I made an appt with Connolly, but when I got there they asked if I received the notice in the mail I said "no" they told me they simply could not
do the work until I reveived the mailing. I had to get the service manager involved before they agreed to do the work. They gave me a 10 year old Izizu as a rental. Thanks for nothing.
And watch out for the dirty looks when you pull out a coupon they sent you when they present the paperwork to you.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I also have my service done at Clair. I have found the service people to be friendly, helpful and professional.
I would not hesitate to recommend them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts