Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I finally purchased my 2014 Acura MDX with the tech package. Beautiful car in and out. White with greystone interior. Only problem is that I only have one key. What's the best option to get another one and programmed with having to go to the dealership. Is there also a model number that you could provide me so I could get the correct key fob online. And if I could program myself or give my money to the dealership. Thx

·
Registered
60 Posts
The best issue to solve missing key is to purchase remote start on eBay and you'll get 2 keys and install it yourself and have your dealers or other locksmith program your new keyfob to your MDX.. if you looking for key do the same EBay.. most acura dealers sell directly on EBay and saves you big bucks vs going to your local dealer and pay their markup plus tax.. I've done this twice on my cars..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best issue to solve missing key is to purchase remote start on eBay and you'll get 2 keys and install it yourself and have your dealers or other locksmith program your new keyfob to your MDX.. if you looking for key do the same EBay.. most acura dealers sell directly on EBay and saves you big bucks vs going to your local dealer and pay their markup plus tax.. I've done this twice on my cars..
What do u mean by installing it

·
Registered
394 Posts
What do u mean by installing it

i was in the same boat once; had one driver 1 key and not two. So instead of buying just a new phone. i went in big time and just jumped on buying a remote starter kit.

as for what the second posted mentioned: install yourself. He's right. that is what i did. It's one of the most economical methods to doing it yourself as having the dealer do that while on top charging you to program the remote start FOBs to work with your car. The installation for the key is easy; instructions come equipped. Just pay the dealer the one time fee to program the FOBs and save yourself the money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i was in the same boat once; had one driver 1 key and not two. So instead of buying just a new phone. i went in big time and just jumped on buying a remote starter kit.

as for what the second posted mentioned: install yourself. He's right. that is what i did. It's one of the most economical methods to doing it yourself as having the dealer do that while on top charging you to program the remote start FOBs to work with your car. The installation for the key is easy; instructions come equipped. Just pay the dealer the one time fee to program the FOBs and save yourself the money.
Did you get an aftermarket remote starter or is it oem with oem key fobs?

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts