Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been looking for an answer to this question but haven't been able to find it. So sorry if this has been asked before.

My MDX 2008 has the non DVD, non Navigation package, it only has the 6 CD changer, so i want to add an aftermarket DVD player / Stereo so i can feed my 2 headrest screens.
Can anyone please point me out where to find the Dash kit / template, so i can install an aftermarket DVD / Stereo?.
I'm sending a picture of my OEM stereo.

thank you so much in advance,
Javier

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello, thanks for replying. I also tried Crutchfield but they have nothing for the MDX.
I'm looking for anything that plays DVD's, so i can feed my 2 headrest screens i already have. Hopefully somebody can help with maybe something custom made.
thank you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I guess you could relocate your hvac control like Dario (above) and install either a double din unit or two single din units. I've seen others who have installed an Apple TV in the center console.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Your best bet, and easiest thing to do, is replace your headrest screens with new units that have built in DVD players. I've seen them selling for under $200. It's also much easier to install than tearing into your dash.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It would be far less expensive to get a Bluetooth Aux streamer to plug into your Auxillary port or direct connect the Audio out from a Mobile DVD player. That will get your Audio through your main head unit and you won't change the factory look. You will also keep your Bluetooth and steering wheel controls with no issues. (I'm not sure aftermarket would cut these but it might)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not to take away form OP post. But i'm seriously looking to replace the factory head unit. I would not mind if it cost up to $500 just for a dash kit and wire harness. I just want to do a very nice SQ install.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Anyone have luck with a solution? I have a 2008 and the radio button lights work when they want to, annoying. Would be sweet to yank out and put in something with navigation as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
With a 500 budget you might be able to get something done at a shop. Dunno. The way even basic radios are deeply embedded into everything in the car these days makes it much harder than back in the day to play around with aftermarket stereos unless you go all out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello I have one 2007 Acura MDX I put the aftermarket stereo the same the picture show with the kenwood stereo but i need the dash kit and harness wire or how can I do it , someone can help me please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello I have one 2007 Acura MDX I put the aftermarket stereo the same the picture show with the kenwood stereo but I need the dash kit and harness wire or how can I do it? somebody can help me please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally! Metra now makes a dash kit for 07-13. No harness for MDXs w/Nav though. Can't post links, just do a search for your model. There is a seller on Ebay that has them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally! Metra now makes a dash kit for 07-13. No harness for MDXs w/Nav though. Can't post links, just do a search for your model. There is a seller on Ebay that has them.
I would love to add a double din to my '09 for apple carplay. Anyways this is possible? I have a base model. Found a double din kit on ebay not sure what else I will need thanks.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts