Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HFL feature doesn't work on my car, I press the button on the steering wheel and nothing. So I'm unable to pair my phone with the car. Plus given that it's Cal. traffic rule to use and handsfree method when driving, I would like this feature to work. I heard and read up about a technique of baking the board of the unit and it might revive it. I baked it and no results, so now I'll just pony up the money and buy a new unit, so beside Amazon, or eBay, where else should I be looking that has the best price and guarantee the unit is working.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought mine in www.acurapartsnow.com. I talked to the parts guy and asked him to send me the newer version. It is supposed not to go bad as the original part.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a part number for the new version?

the part number on my unit is : 39770-STX-A011-M1 s/w rev. 02.00.000

I would like to get the newer unit as well, and hopefully they've fixed the issue of of dying out so quickly.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It is probably the same ACURA part number but newer hardware and software versions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The HFL feature doesn't work on my car, I press the button on the steering wheel and nothing. So I'm unable to pair my phone with the car. Plus given that it's Cal. traffic rule to use and handsfree method when driving, I would like this feature to work. I heard and read up about a technique of baking the board of the unit and it might revive it. I baked it and no results, so now I'll just pony up the money and buy a new unit, so beside Amazon, or eBay, where else should I be looking that has the best price and guarantee the unit is working.
I'll bet the module isn't even plugged in. It causes car batteries to die constantly, and chances are precious owner removed or unplugged it to prevent themselves being stuck with a dead car repeatedly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts