Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'd buy from RA again but then I also bought a Serpentine belt tensioner from them and it was clearly a return with a incorrect pulley.
Exactly! No disrespect for RA, as I got my LCA for the MDX there and it works great. But recently got brake hardware for my Friend's Lexus IS250, and it simply did not fit (different shape, and while we were able to put it into the caliper bracket, the pads did not fit, so we had to reuse OEM hardware). I would not want that with my TB :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is a “buy on credit mentality” that keeps many people in everlasting debt. Gee, that Starbucks latte only cost $2 per day more than regular coffee. Or the great TV commercials that advertise life insurance that cost only pennies per day.

Credit? Not sure what method of payment has to do here. You are investing in your vehicle. The difference between OEM and Aisin parts end up being a $4 monthly difference in the run of 5 years. Or even less if it's more than 5 years (I am, for example, on my 7-th year with my last TB currently). TB components failing might set you back quite substantially in engine repairs. I'm not arguing that you should always buy OEM here, I'm just pointing out that if you do not want a gamble with potentially counterfeit parts, OEM is the safe way to go. And it's not that expensive over Aisin in reality. That's all.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
This is a “buy on credit mentality” that keeps many people in everlasting debt.
Oh, I see now, thanks for explaining!

Of course, drinking cheaper coffee cannot (even potentially) destroy your expensive engine when it goes out of timing at 5000 RPM because of using a counterfeit TB part. But I get the gist, thanks!

That reminds me that I saved more than 5 grand on coffee over the past decade by brewing it myself rather than buying :sneaky:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know that a bunch of you have said 'stay away from Amazon' but I bought mine from there and looks new, not missing any parts and got it installed no problems or issues.

Plus it is on sale now for $270 (free shipping) so just something to think about.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts