Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will so many reviews about counterfeit Aisin TB kits bought on amazon, rockauto and ebay, which is safe place to buy it?
If any of you has bought good one, which seller did you use?
Any feedback on Aisin sold by Napa?

thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
I certainly would not put RA in the same camp with Amazon and eBay. Actually I would not put Amazon in with eBay either. I would buy with confidence from RA. Make sure you do seller background checks on Amazon and do not buy anything from eBay unless it is a seller with thousands of transactions with 100% positive feedback.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
RockAuto...
Beware of Amazon as they can send you a return item or missing parts in the package.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Get an original TB and parts from oemacuraparts or the like. The price difference is going to be negligible, and you are putting 5-7 years worth of parts in your car.
All-in OEM parts cost more than twice as much as the AISIN Kit and they are technically the same parts.. There is no real reason to choose OEM over the AISIN Kit unless you like spending more money for some Honda branding.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
All-in OEM parts cost more than twice as much as the AISIN Kit and they are technically the same parts. There is no real reason to choose OEM over the AISIN Kit unless you like spending more money for some Honda branding.
We are actively discussing counterfeit parts here, and OEM vs Aisin comes up to about $45 difference annually (or barely $4 monthly), which is a price for a couple of coffees, so I'd call that a negligible difference for a confidence of buying OEM vs potentially counterfeit.

·
Registered
738 Posts
There is no more trust in EBAY and AMAZON anymore, lots of counterfeit items, while EBAY is trying to do something about it, AMAZON not so much. We just received counterfeit "Pampers" from AMAZON for my new born... I still have set of spark plugs that i am not sure they are genuine, been sitting in my tool box for couple years...

Reactions: EyeTech

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I sincerely dont know why anybody would buy the AISIN Kit from Amazon.... The thing is plagued with low scored reviews from bad parts to returns now you can add counterfeits? The last place I would look for car parts is amazon anyway.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Where are you getting your price info? Only $45 more? This is not even close to being right. Aisin kits, including the Mitsuboshi belt are perfectly fine.

We are actively discussing counterfeit parts here, and OEM vs Aisin comes up to about $45 difference annually (or barely $4 monthly), which is a price for a couple of coffees, so I'd call that a negligible difference for a confidence of buying OEM vs potentially counterfeit.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Where are you getting your price info? Only $45 more? This is not even close to being right. Aisin kits, including the Mitsuboshi belt are perfectly fine.
Canadian vs US? More than once I've encountered vastly different pricing between the two. Something that is low priced here is high priced there and vice versa, but of course it's all higher priced due to the currency rate.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Where are you getting your price info? Only $45 more?
We are actively discussing counterfeit parts here, and OEM vs Aisin comes up to about $45 difference annually (or barely $4 monthly)
Your TB will serve you 5-7 years. I made a calculation of the price difference based on the minimum: 5 years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my Aisin kit on Amazon w/ no issues. The guy that did my 105K service is a former Honda certified mechanic but now has his own Snap-on franchise. He was satisfied w/ my purchase. Runs like a champ!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Your TB will serve you 5-7 years. I made a calculation of the price difference based on the minimum: 5 years.
That is considering you buy it on credit... Otherwise thats a +250bucks difference in one payment.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Right, many people no longer understand what things really cost. They go into a car dealership and tell the salesperson the monthly payment they can afford. They compare car prices and say one car costs only $150 a month more than another without having a clue how much extra the car will cost over the life of the loan.

That is considering you buy it on credit... Otherwise thats a +250bucks difference in one payment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my AISIN kit from RockAuto and no problem with it. If I had to pick from RA, Ebay or Amazon, I'd buy from RA again but then I also bought a Serpentine belt tensioner from them and it was clearly a return with a incorrect pulley. The part didn't fit my MDX and they were giving me hell about refunding until I got the BBB involved. If their parts work then GREAT! but if you have any issues than good luck!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Right, many people no longer understand what things really cost. They go into a car dealership and tell the salesperson the monthly payment they can afford. They compare car prices and say one car costs only $150 a month more than another without having a clue how much extra the car will cost over the life of the loan.

Perhaps that was my confusion and ignorance, I never even fathom some people buy these parts on credit.. Even then that makes the AISIN Kit even more affordable because you also have to keep in mind the interest.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Credit? Not sure what method of payment has to do here. You are investing in your vehicle. The difference between OEM and Aisin parts end up being a $4 monthly difference in the run of 5 years. Or even less if it's more than 5 years (I am, for example, on my 7-th year with my last TB currently). TB components failing might set you back quite substantially in engine repairs. I'm not arguing that you should always buy OEM here, I'm just pointing out that if you do not want a gamble with potentially counterfeit parts, OEM is the safe way to go. And it's not that expensive over Aisin in reality. That's all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts