Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I simply can't find the ashtray. Theres a change pocket that looks like an ashtray but it says not an ashtray on it

·
Registered
818 Posts
The MDX does not come with a factory ashtray (thank God!). It is an option that you can get from your dealer.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
rvehock said:
The MDX does not come with a factory ashtray (thank God!).
Im glad they did this as well. I always used my "ashtray" as a coin holder for tolls and even put some padding in my Civic to keep th change from jingling so much.

BTW give Tim a Ring, Im sure he can get you one cheaper, it was listed as a option.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Spare Coins Holder

I thank God the MDX does not come with the ashtray paraphrenalia.

For those who desire a "real" ashtray and lighter they can be purchased as an option.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ashtrays should not be standard on any vehicle!! Smoking and cell phones are two things that are way to distracting for drivers. Plus if you smoke in your vehicle, how would you ever expect to sell it to a non-smoker?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Distractions

Who are you to tell me that I can NOT light a cigarete, make a phone call, exchange a CD, grab a coke ... all at the same time:D

How do you spell cigarete anyway?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
>>how would you ever expect to sell it to a non-smoker?<<

Plug an ozone generator in, place it in the car, let in run for 2 hours and most sensitive nose can not sense an odor...

MBG

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ozone generator?

Plug an ozone generator in, place it in the car, let in run for 2 hours and most sensitive nose can not sense an odor...
Huh? Please tell me more about this ozone generator gizmo!:confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
>Tell me more<

It's an electrical powered device that operates on 110 volts AC and converts 02 oxygen to 03 (ozone). Ozone is a molecule composed of three atoms of oxygen. Two atoms of oxygen form the basic oxygen molecule. The third oxygen atom can detach from the ozone molecule, and re-attach to molecules of other substances, thereby altering their chemical composition.

The concept actually works VERY well and is used exclusively where fire damage has taken place, smoke odors in rental cars, smoking rooms etc etc.

An average commercial unit with an output of 2.65 grams/hr., 7.95 p.p.m. (parts per million) runs approx $625.00 and is worth every penny in the commercial sector.

It is never safe to be in the vacinity of (same air space) as an operating ozone generator... never.

After the unit shuts down you can enter the room or normally within 10 minutes and smell nothing!.

Mike.

·
681 Posts
Distractions ? What distractions?

rvehock said:
Smoking and cell phones are two things that are way too distracting for drivers.
Meep Meep

Attachments

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
True Story

Yesterday coming home from work I saw the following:

A blonde driving a BMW convertible was in front of me. I was in the TL-S so could not see down into the car. She had a cigarete in her left hand and a cell phone in her right hand glued to her ear. The left hand with the cigarete was moving from her mouth to the window to discard ashes. The right hand with the phone never left her ear!:rolleyes:

She turned off before I could pull up beside her to see how see was driving! I assumed she was using her legs;) and with her being a blonde, that was a sight I wanted to see:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts