Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A salesman from John Eagle Acura in Houston, TX sold me a MDX (that came in today) with premium package over the phone for $1100 below the MSRP. About 1.5hrs later I called to check on the status. He told me that he was busy with another salesman and will get back with me. About 3 hrs later I called again to check on the status. This time, he told me that they had a deposit placed prior to my verbal agreement with him. I was like why didn't you tell me about this earlier? I strongly believe that they have contacted other potential buyers to see if they can beat my offer even though a verbal agreement had been reached. That explains why he did not notify me promptly in regard to the other deposit. Next, morning, I got a call from his manager; he told me that the car was sold to another buyer. I bet that buyer paid MSRP for it. Well, I am disappointed with the service that I’ve received. I did not appreciate the roller coaster ride they put us through. It is very unprofessional how they handled this case. So, do not shop at John Eagle Acura, if you do, make sure to get it on paper.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We bough from John Eagle and highly recommend them

Do a search on John Eagle to dig up some of my (and others) old comments. I guess this goes to show that not every dealer (or salesman) is perfect but I have nothing but praise for the dealership.

PS: Did you know that they give 2 years (24K miles) free factory recommended maintenance on every new vehicle they sale, regardless of selling price?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They must be doing something right to be in business for what 30 years or so. I really don’t know why I was treated unfairly. Maybe if I were at the dealership, the whole issue would not take place. I wish I had the same experience you had with them. But unfortunately that was not the case. I just think it's wrong for them try to find another buyer after a verbal agreement has been reached.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts