Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am trying to get a scansauge and change the transmission fluid. Where is the ECU located so that I can connect scansauge to it.

I opened the compartment under the glove box for the first time, can you point out where is it, 1, 2 or 3, or somewhere else? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Scangauge 2 connects via obd2 port INSIDE the cabin right around your right knee in the driver position. Look under the dash. White port.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi guys,

I am trying to get a scansauge and change the transmission fluid. Where is the ECU located so that I can connect scansauge to it.

I opened the compartment under the glove box for the first time, can you point out where is it, 1, 2 or 3, or somewhere else? Thanks a lot!

View attachment 115401
Not sure why you need to access the actual ECU to do a D&F transmission fluid. Just connect to the OBDII port.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi guys,

View attachment 115401
I changed my trans fluid on 2016 mdx 2 weeks ago. I bought the scangauge II and able to read the trans fluid temp. First time changing the fluid myself and it's wasn't that hard at all. So good luck, take it slow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just make sure to test that it actually reads the atf before you do the procedure. It required an update from SC for another user.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thank you for the suggestion!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I changed my trans fluid on 2016 mdx 2 weeks ago. I bought the scangauge II and able to read the trans fluid temp. First time changing the fluid myself and it's wasn't that hard at all. So good luck, take it slow.
thanks for the advice, as I read more and more, I gained more and more confidence

1 - 9 of 9 Posts