Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife had a hit-n-run at Walgreen while parked in the lot before X-mas. My BlackVue front/rear dash cam caught the full size Ram truck scraping the driver's side rear quarter panel trying to park next to our MDX. The Ram truck scraped, parked, and left before my wife finished up in the store. It was too dark to get a license plate when the A-hole left by going straight out the empty parking spot in front of the truck. It cost me $250 with my insurance since we couldn't track the truck down.

Only a few days in the shop for repairs; but, I found an extra part in the hatch the next day (X-mas Eve). Tried to look up where this part goes or even if it worth taking back for the body shop to re-install. I don't want the body-shop to toss the part in the trash and say it is fixed if I don't know where it goes to double-check installation.

Next day after hit-n-run:

Extra part left in hatch:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ugh man sorry to hear that. Cant have nice things cuz of aholes like that.

May i ask what kind of dash cam you have? I have a vantru dashcam that only records front. But i dont leave it up bc my last one was stolen right out of my car (i suspect my dad left my car unlocked) but if i can find a way to attach it so that its inconspicuous from the outside, ill upgrade.

A friend of mine told me he pulled up to a red light and some old eastern european man threw himself onto his car then popped up and jumped himself backwards like a flopping fish. Thank god there was a witness who saw the whole thing bc the oldman is now trying to sue him for 100k!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Blackvue DR650S-2ch front and rear camera with a Power magic pro to run the camera in parking mode. Also added the SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card with Adapter 64GB that is made for video cameras. Installed the dashcam around May 2015 and it has been working perfectly since.

Reactions: PRGonzalez

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
594 Posts
I have a Blackvue DR650S-2ch front and rear camera with a Power magic pro to run the camera in parking mode. Also added the SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card with Adapter 64GB that is made for video cameras. Installed the dashcam around May 2015 and it has been working perfectly since.
Thanks for the camera tip !!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I tried googling various terms, the closest thing to a rear quarter panel assembly diagram i could find was this, but i dont see where that piece would go. There a hole for a clip and looks like it has a foam liner so it might be used for some sort of noise or vibration suppression.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm taking the MDX back today because the back-up sensors are giving a double beep code like something is disconnected or not working. I didn't notice the beep code before because I turned down the sound before the accident when I had my bike rack on. Hopefully the person that took the bumper off might remember if the part came from my MDX or just an extra part from the shop floor from another vehicle.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was no part number or any other markings on the part. The body shop guy said it wasn't from the MDX when they replaced the missing wheel arch molding and repainted the the rear quarter panel. Looks like a part that was on the shop floor and the was placed in the back of the MDX by mistake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.