Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Where do I buy an OEM gas cap?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bluepill 
#1 ·
Hi, All!

My new-to-me 2007 MDX has the check emissions engine light and I want to start by replacing the gas cap. Where do I buy this? The dealer is an hour away and I don't see the right cap available on amazon.

Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
Firstly the correct oem gas cap is 17670-T3W-A01 so your only other options is to phone the dealer and have them ship it to you by mail or go on Ebay who do have it and order it through them. Quickest way is to take the drive unless you have a honda dealership in your town or city that is closer than the Acura dealer an hour away and they have one available as used on several models of Honda's.!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Gas-Fu...ash=item2396c24c15:g:d8UAAOSwOA1aTkVP&vxp=mtr

#4 ·
Get the codes read. Should be free at auto parts store. Keep a log of every code and what date you reset it. Unless a specific code related to the evap. fuel system is in memory, probably a waste of $$ to put on a new cap.

Using the Shotgun approach to diagnostics can get really expensive after awhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.