Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and im not talking about pics from mdx's on the lot ... im talking about the new 03 owners ... i know some of yall got delivery on your 03 ... it seems as if yall abandoned us as soon as you got that new SUV ... hey, im not mad @ you ... but its the weekend and yall have plenty of time to pull out that digital camera ... so lets get to it ... post pics only ... and no dealer pics ... 03 MDX owners only ...!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<b>Courtesy of GABulldawg</b>

this is his beautiful TW touring 03 MDX ....!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey whats up with the sticker in the window ...?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The sticker is still in the window because I had just pulled in the driveway after getting back from the dealership- I rushed to take the pics because the sun was setting down here in the glorious southeast. Sorry if it adds a "cheese" effect. If anybody has any questions or wants a picture of anything in particular just post it and I'll get back to you. In the meantime, here are my thoughts, both good and bad, since having been an owner of an MDX for all of four hours.

GOOD: Just about everything. First off, I wasn't at all familiar with how the 2001's and 2002's were (and hence I can't give a comparison) since I only test drove an '02 for maybe five minutes several months ago before placing an order. That being said, her is what sticks out about the MDX to me personally:

1) The leather is very soft, much softer than my 2002 M3 Convertible or my old Mercedes e320 sedan. I have heard many people claim the leather is of low quality, and it may be if it turns out to wear poorly, but it sure is very supple and soft and I love it.

2) The seats are so comfy

3) I love the new "wood", to me it looks so much better than the old shade of "wood", and more real as well. That's all my humble opinion of course, others may disagree.

4)The fact that there is no real Dead Pedal for your left foot is very noticable to someone who is used to resting their foot on a real footrest. I found my left foot "searching" constantly by habit for a place to sit tight but it just never got there. I think expecting a real dead pedal is reasonable and Acura needs to address this issue for sure. That being said, my foot will be OK without it. :D

5) The stereo sounds pretty good. After hearing some of the comments on here I expected it to be terrible, but its satisfactory to me. It isn't overly impressive by any means but it sounds just a hair beneath my "premium" Harmon Kardon sound system in my BMW. The one thing I must add is that it doesn't get very loud for those of you that, like me, enjoy blaring their music. (I think I may be partially deaf though so it shouldn't be a problem for most of you :p .

7) The fan speed on the Touring without NAV models is, as you can see from the pics, seperately adjustable up and down for 2003.

8) This car is really huge. I have been looking at pictures of it almost daily for three months since I placed my order and now that I am looking at it in real life, I am starting to ralize how bug this SUV really is. It's a far cry from an M3 as far as how much space you feel you have in a lane, pulling into parking spaces\ garages ,etc.

9) The car has nice smooth acceleration although I can't really test the pickup or handling very much yet since I'm still breaking her in.

10) I'm sick of typing and I want to go watch some college football so I'll post other stuff some other time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<b>GABulldawg</b>

your mdx looks great ... its almost exactlly what i want ... color accessories with the exception of the NAVI system ... why did you decide not to get the NAVI ...

also did you get a good deal ...?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey mymdx..... How did you post such high res pics? I thought we were restricked to 104k size? some of those are more than that! (I'm glad to see the MD'03 in GREAT quality:eek: )

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i uploaded the pics to my webspace provided by comcast:D ... then i linked them to this post ... so they are really being hosted by the comcast webservers ... not acuramdx.org ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I opted not to get the navigation system because, although I admit it is an absoltely awesome navigation system and, navigations sytems are really cool, I 1) don't take very many LONG trips and 2) cannot justify spending $2200 on what I view as being a very very very fancy map. Just my opinion- I will never spend the kind of money car companies are asking for on a navigation system. I realize many find its one of those things that, one you have it you cant live without it, but I just get this feeling of.."GO BUY A FRIGGIN MAP". No offense to NAV lovers either, but I feel this is a case of technology for the sake of techonology (ie= its so darn cool lets go out and spend 2000 bucks on it.) To each his own.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the GREAT pictures!!! You must be a very proud X owner tonight! One question--I now see that the Touring model's Fan button is separate from the screen on the '03's, but is it like this if you get a Nav. model? I saw the discussions and pictures posted other places on this site, but can't seem to find a consensus! So, do we Touring w/ Nav people get the updated Fan controls, or are we dealt the '02's design?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i believe if you get the RES its the fan button gets removed ... becuase all of the picks with RES does have the fan button ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
FWIW, I paid MSRP with no forsed options. I got the BSM and the side bars totally because I wanted them, and I didn't even mention these two add ons until well after I had agreed on MSRP and placed the order. The salesman said they never charge over MSRP and they never do any of the forced options stuff either. It was Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta and my salesguy was Antonio Morris- I highly reccomend him. He was very helpful the through the entire process and always answered even the little petty questions I would call him about weekly during the wait and he never acted annoyed (although he should have been :) In any case, I feel like I got a good deal. There wasn't really any negotiating of the price or any attempt to since I went into it knowing the demand was there and they were selling at MSRP or higher in general. I just said, what kind of deals are you giving on these when I test drove the '02 and he said, "all our MDX's sell for MSRP right now" I just said fair enough since all I really wanted to do was make sure they weren't going to try any games. Also, they through in the Wheel Locks for free too but never really mentioned it like they were doing me a favor. I just got home with the car and noticed they were in the little headrest storage compartment in the way back sitting there. I guess they do that as standard issue.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quick question:
Are the '03 headrests tilt adjustable? There was a rumor, but the brochure only mentioned the height adjustment.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
No the headrests are not, at least as far as I can tell, tilt adjustable. I went to tilt the driver's headrest forward tonight but it wouldn't budge. Sorry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The white is gorgeous, my first choice if it was available in Canada.

Can I ask what colour that interior is? my personal opinion, I dont like the way it looks, unless the pics don't do it justice..and since I'll see the inside of mine more then the outside, I may change my colour choice.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Second row seat movable?

Great pics, mymdxiscoming. I had traded my 2003 Pilot in for the MDX and it's supposed to come by end of Oct. But now with the Alliston plant idle, who knows when it will come? I had ordered a Midnight blue one with saddle interior, so your interior pics are just fantastic. Couldn't wait for mine to come.

Mymdxiscoming - got a question since you already got the 03 MDX. My dealer told me that the second row seat not only can move up, but also is lockable! So if there are passengers in the 3rd row, I can move the second row seat up and lock it so that there is more legroom for the 3rd row passengers? Is your's movable and lockable? I've checked both US and CDN website but couldn't find this new feature logged anywhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Mindcore said:
The white is gorgeous, my first choice if it was available in Canada.

Can I ask what colour that interior is? my personal opinion, I dont like the way it looks, unless the pics don't do it justice..and since I'll see the inside of mine more then the outside, I may change my colour choice.

Thanks
That's the saddle interior choice. The MDX is the same color/interior of the one I have on order so I'm loving the pics!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I Agree...........

GABulldawg said:
I opted not to get the navigation system because, although I admit it is an absoltely awesome navigation system and, navigations sytems are really cool, I 1) don't take very many LONG trips and 2) cannot justify spending $2200 on what I view as being a very very very fancy map. Just my opinion- I will never spend the kind of money car companies are asking for on a navigation system. I realize many find its one of those things that, one you have it you cant live without it, but I just get this feeling of.."GO BUY A FRIGGIN MAP". No offense to NAV lovers either, but I feel this is a case of technology for the sake of techonology (ie= its so darn cool lets go out and spend 2000 bucks on it.) To each his own.
I, for one, agree with your choice of no-NAV....same reasons...

·
Registered
49 Posts
1) I felt the saddle interior was lighter than I thought from all the pictures I had seen, but that was what I was hoping for. I really think the pictures I took are a very accurate representation of the actual color tone of the saddle interior. From having seen the pictures and been in the car, they are identical IMO. I should also note that the actual leathe ron the seats is far lighter than the dash and prety much all other areas of the cabin. Your best bet is to get out and see one in person and IN VARIOUS LIGHTS. I found that the ambient lighting makes a big difference even in person.

2) The second row can be moved up and "locked" to give the third row passengers more leg room, BUT NOT IN THE WAY I THINK YOU MEAN. When you slide the second row seat up to make room for third row, it will lock but the seat becomes unusable because the bakcrest section of the seat cannot be pushed back and locked into a normal position- it must remain folded forward. hope this helps. This is of course assuming I am not doing something wrong. Let's hope that I am and that your theory will pan out.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Congratulations on your X. I know you will be happy. I hope there will be some sort of get together for the X owners in Atlanta. I have to say I was surprised to see the same radio etsup as my 02 X in the 03. I thought they went to the Pilot style radio but I guess that is just with the RES. I am glad to hear that you are happy with the sound system. I personally think the sound is great for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
GA Bulldog

Nice choice in Cars/Trucks! I also have an '02 M3 cab and MDX (and a few other toys). Put almost 18K on the MDX and 5K on the M3 - have SMG or 6-sp on the M? Also, how did you get such huge, high-res photos to post? I am usually limited to some low bandwidth detritus.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts