Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 168k on my '03 MDX. Replaced the Cross Terrains, with Cross Terrains @ 79,500, and now time for a new set of, I do not know what.

The Cross Terrains just worked for me here in SW Connecticut. Looking at all the reviews, opinions, there does not seem to be a logical go to at this point.

Did Michelin make inferior Latitudes b/c the Cross Terrains were lasting too long?

Seems the Alenza's have noise issues at low mileage?

Continental have plus/minus as well.

By default, I feel I should just stick with the Michelins.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=CSTAS&sortValue=0&filter=y&width=235/&ratio=65&diameter=17&showwp=N&showdp=N&showws=N&showcm=N

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Michelin has discontinued the Cross Terrain tire.

The Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia, the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus, and the Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology - the three tires that top the survey results in the link you posted - are much, much, MUCH better tires, and they're less expensive too. Get one of those and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia, the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus, and the Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology - the three tires that top the survey results in the link you posted - are much, much, MUCH better tires, and they're less expensive too. Get one of those and you'll be happy.
Note that this is the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus. This is a newer, redesigned version of the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza (no Plus in the name), so don't confuse the two.

What is the differences b/t these two tires?
As you probably already suspect, all three of these tires are similar - similar in price, and offering a nice balance of traction in rain (and light snow), traction on dry roads, treadlife, noise, etc. So differences among them will be relatively small.

The Tire Rack did a side-by-side comparison test that included the 422 Ecopia and the LX20, but not the Alenza Plus. You can review it (click here) to see in which ways the LX20 was better (e.g. traction in rain) and where the 422 Ecopia was better (ride quality and snow traction). They rated the LX20 better overall.

Sorry, they haven't tested the Alenza Plus, but you can look at their survey results to see how customers rated them (which is not as thorough or unbiased as a side-by-side comparison test).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cross terrains to alenza plus

Just so the board is aware,

my first set of Terrains lasted 79,500

my second set of Terrains lasted 88,000

Due to the ok to mixed reviews on the Latitude Tours, I decided on the Alenza Plus for my third set.

I really liked the performance and durability of the Terrains. Be very interesting to see how the Alenza Plus's hold up to the tough comps.

Stay tuned............being installed now.

Peace out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts