Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when turning (for ex: into parking lot) - noise is heard. (sound like tire rubber against the road) but I think came from steering shaft? My mdx is 2016 has 16k miles. Not sure anyone has this noise (if this is an issue or just part of car)
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Have you changed your rear differential fluid yet? Seems a bit early at 16k but when it starts to go bad I have heard a rubber type noise when turning.

After it was changed it stoped making a noise.

But you should be under warranty so Acura can confirm (unless you have previous accident damage?)

Reactions: hngo01

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah...I had the same in my 2014 mdx too and there is a TSB too for this and this happens only wen backing up and steering is turned towards right but very hard to prove at the dealer to get it fixed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine does the same thing sounds like the steering column cover is rubbing near the pedals. I think there is a TSB regarding this. I have not had a chance to take it to the dealer and have them check it, I am sure it will be hard to prove to them as it only seems to do it backing out of the garage. Another fight with Acura!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
there is a software update for this that the dealer should be able to do.
My 2014 MDX experienced this and once they did the software update, the sound was gone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts