Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 white MDX is about 2 months old. When should I wax it? I've been told in the past to wait until the paint completely cures or dries before waxing, which is about 6 months after it was first painted.

I keep reading on this website about fellow MDX'rs ZAINO-ING their vehicles. Is Zaino safer to use on new paint jobs?

Actually, I made a boo-boo by using the Zymol cleaner wax (picked up cheaply at Costco) on the front end of my hood before installing the Form-Fit front deflector...I thought I had read that another member had Zaino'd his hood before installing the deflector.

It may not be as important in regard to being able to have a nice shine on my vehicle because it is WHITE, since the white really doesn't shine or show swirl marks. I would like to protect the finish. I probably should not be using a cleaner wax on it yet.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
You don't need to wait to wax a new car -- the waiting doesn't apply anymore since the paint's baked on @ the factory and cures within a couple days if not quicker. Exception is aftermarket paintjobs; that might include Tim's work on factory-matched accessories (e.g. tailgate deflector, etc) so best to check w/him on those.

And no, you shouldn't need a cleaner wax on a 2mo old car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
also made a boo-boo, I think...

Sorry MARFONG for hijacking your thread to ask some more questions, but you reminded me of something I forgot to do before installing the Form Fit deflector (as I got too excited and installed it without waxing the hood front end first). Is this really a big mistake? that I should now remove the Form Fit, wax and reinstall? I just hate unscrewing it and then rescrewing it, since it might not be a tighter fit as the first time.

Anyway, I guess I will wax the moon roof visor covered area first before installing it (since the instructions did stated so in the 1st step).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
ChuckMDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing