Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it in 2009 w/ 44k miles on it. Was good for a few years, though I am wondering/questioning it's reliability. It now has over 136,000 on the Odometer.

2012:
Replaced Starter (mechanic)

2013:
Replaced Alternator (mechanic)
Spark Plugs (mechanic)
Timing Belt (mechanic)

2014:
MIL/CEL for P0420 came on every so often in winter, though absent all other time
Nav System went on the Fritz

2015:
Replaced window regulator (me)
New Tires (mechanic)
New Transmission (mechanic)
New Radiator (mechanic)

2016:
Replaced front passenger caliper (me)
Replaced all rotors and pads (me)
Replaced Nav System DVD w/ salvage one on ebay (me)
Removed rust, primed, and touch up painted areas with rust (me)

Todo:
Diagnose and replace Bank 1 cat if needed.

When I own a vehicle I do my best to take care of it and try not to let it fall into disrepair. People are always surprised when I tell them how old it is. I am learning a lot about vehicles, it seems a few things break on it every year and it is annoying to keep up on all of it. I am wondering if I should just call it quits and buy a new vehicle. I am thinking about a new F-150. After the Transmission I have no confidence in Acura, it is about 12 years old and other than the P0420, which I plan to fix, there are no issues with it. Do I need a new vehicle, no, but I kind of want one and it would be nice not to have to worry about warranty stuff for a few years. This vehicle has a lot more issues than my wife's car, she had engine trouble, but Toyota reimbursed us for that as the cause was from a recall part. Other than the wear items, it has been a couple of 02 sensors, struts, and tie rods. It has 163,000 on it and no CEL on her 2006 Avalon. Also her leather holds up soo much better and I take better care of my leather than she does. :( She is still pretty, but I am kind of getting sick of looking at her.

I think I would have been better off in the long run buying that new Silverado I was looking, instead of this. It hasn't been cheap to maintain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts