Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

When to do first oil change?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BaldEagle 
#1 ·
hello all,
It been a few months since i've got the MDX, great car..
there are two things i would like to see Acura improve in the near year production.

1). a bigger glove compartment, it just too small for a big car like this.

2). Give us the full size instead of a donut.

my car curently have about 2,000 miles, when we picked up the car, dealer said have the first oil change@7,500 miles, what do you guys think? anyone do it in different interval?

thanks

#2 ·
AcuraMDX123 said:
my car curently have about 2,000 miles, when we picked up the car, dealer said have the first oil change@7,500 miles, what do you guys think? anyone do it in different interval?
I highly recommend that you follow the manual. 7500 miles for normal driving conditions or 3750 for severe conditions. Here in Houston we qualify for severe so I changed it at 3750ish as per the manual. You can search and dig up numerous old threads discussing this; everyone seems to have an opinion many different from Acura:rolleyes:

Regarding a full size spare, many of us have put one on as an option - an option I highly recommend.

#3 ·
If you live where temps are over 90 degrees for at least four months, I would go with the severe schedule and change out at 3,750 miles. In Vegas, the oil changes cost only $25.84 at Falconi's Acura, or about $52.00 more a year for the two additional changes.....not really expensive at all when comparing to what others charge.....

#4 ·
AcuraMDX123 said:
hello all,
It been a few months since i've got the MDX, great car..
there are two things i would like to see Acura improve in the near year production.

1). a bigger glove compartment, it just too small for a big car like this.

2). Give us the full size instead of a donut.

thanks

I think this is the first complaint I heard about the glove compartment. I can barely reach anyway from the drivers seat so usually keep important stuff in the console that I might need while driving. And with Navi I rarely need maps

#5 ·
Re: Think the Glove Box in the MDX is HUGE

AcuraMDX123 said:
a bigger glove compartment, it just too small for a big car like this.

I also thought the glove box in the MDX was more than adequate. The wife's Lincoln has a real small box and my GMC P/U's glove box is much smaller than the MDX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.