Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
For all the discussion and hype of Carplay/Auto, and the support/buy-in of it by many auto manufacturers, it's taken the auto industry quite a long time to actually adopt it in their production vehicles. I think this is more indicative of the relatively slow process of the auto design/engineering/manufacturing process than anything else.

The good news is that it seems that just now a number of mainstream manufacturers are including it in some of their vehicles and it includes Honda, which has been one of the participants in the technology. This means it likely 'will' appear in other Honda/Acura products soon - and I'd expect it to include the MDX at some point - a future model year MDX.

Now, whether that'll be enough to quiet all the complainers is another thing. I suspect some people will still find some things to complain about regarding it. I think it's the right direction to go though - especially if it means we can get updates and some new apps (even if not all apps) at the same frequency and cost ($0) as we expect them and receive them for our phones.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
This stuff can all be made backwards compatible with our current system, but they won't do it. Meh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Just saw a general tweet from Acura client relations. They plan to roll out Carplay (Didn't mention Android Auto. In fact most Android Auto replies say they have no information, whereas Carplay is always in the near future.) in the near future, but it will NOT be backwards compatible. So, to sum it up: DON'T EXPECT IT EVER IN YOUR CURRENT ACURAS.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If keyless entry like I have in my 2005 Lexus, which is still missing from my new 2012 is any indication, Acura will have Apple Car Play in 2030.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts