would love to know this! Also would love to learn how to access it. I saw photo on this forum somewhere where it appeared to be in the back of the center console, but no idea how to remove the plastic bits to get to it.
Out of curiosity, why does Honda charge so much for the HFL....I opened mine up and it's a very simple electronic board. So what warrants the ridiculous price? A used basic laptop that I think is more advance than the hfl module and can be had for under 100 bucks these days, so why so much for a frequently failing piece of electronic in our cars?
- nwoods - to access the module, it's pretty easy, but doing it the first time might be a bit intimidating as you think something will break.
Anyways, here's how I access mine:
1. sit in the rear center seat
2. pop open the center arm rest, with both doors fully open
3. with both hands on each top corner of the rear climate control, grip it and pull it towards your body. you will feel something snap, but it's normal, then keep working your way all the way down the left and right side seams.
4. Look right inside where the climate control was, you'll see a black box, and will need a phillips screwdriver to remove two screws securing it....and also unplug it if you have too.