Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, anyone? I think it's not too ricey, not too gaudy/flashy, I think it adds a level of interest to the lower half of the car without yelling LOOK AT ME. I like them, thoughts?
?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
They look upscale; but, don't over do it with the lean toward conservative look.

The MDX is a strange body style and it is very hard to find aftermarket rims that look good for the vehicle. If you like them I would go for them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look upscale; but, don't over do it with the lean toward conservative look.

The MDX is a strange body style and it is very hard to find aftermarket rims that look good for the vehicle. If you like them I would go for them.
Thanks the look I was going for/slightly sporty/upscale, to match the vehicles personality. Thanks for your input. Rim size suggestion? 19, 20? Don't want too stiff a ride..

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would get 19" if you don't want a stiff ride. The word "stiff" is relative and we don't really know your tastes but I will say riding on my 20's is not much harsher to a BMW equipped with the sports package.

As for wheel choice, that's going to be purely subjective so go with what makes you happy. Generally any kind of grey/anthracite color is going to give it an understated classy look IMO.

What's more important IMO is to make sure the overall wheel/tire combo doesn't drastically outweigh your stock setup or else you will suffer in acceleration, braking, handling due to the increased unsprung weight the car has to deal with.

Also make sure you get taped weights on the inner barrels of the rims. Nothing like looking at nice aftermarket rims with weights on the outside. Lol.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I upgraded to 20" rims and added Conti DWS 255/45/20 tires back in Jan/14. I drove with this combo for +53,000 miles before replacing last month with the new and improved version Conti DWS 06. I didn't notice much difference in ride stiffness from the OEM 19" to the upgraded 20". I also like to drive my MDX with the with the magnetic ride control on sport. I also have an 08 RDX+Eibach lowering springs+KYB rear shocks+Progress RSB (somewhat stiff ride; but, very controlled ride for a CUV) and a 06 TSX with Aspec suspension+progress RSB+fastline endlinks+HeelToe front/rear adjustable camber kit.

I ended up increasing the PSI to 34-36 to improve the ride and road feel a touch more for my MDX. I would save the best one of the old tires or purchase a decent used tire off eBay (or local shop) to add to the old rim to use as a full size spare. I purchased a used Conti DWS 06 19" OEM size from eBay for $85 with 80-85% tread to put on one of my extra OEM rims.

·
Registered
89 Posts
IMO, the wheels are almost too understated... Depending on your budget of course, for me the perfect balance of sporty/upscale would have to be the 2010-2013 19in advance model wheels. (They're basically the same price) They're one of the only set of Acura wheels I genuinely like. And to add to the look even more I'd powder coat them a charcoal grey. The classy design of them will still stand out with the grey but it'll also add a little bit of contrast between black tires and then a silver car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts