Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm planning on purchasing a 2018 MDX (base config) soon and have a few questions that I wanted to clear with the community.

If I purchase a base MDX (w/ 18's), and I want to upgrade the wheels to either the stock Tech package wheels (maybe the dipped black version) or if available the new Aspec Shark Gray Wheels; would I also need to change out the springs or shocks to account for the change in wheel diameter? I know generally when changing wheels you need to also do the springs, but I'm curious if the MDX hase different suspension components between the Base and the Tech/Adv or if it's the same on all models and it's unnoticeable?

If suspension changes are required to look correct (so hypothetically my base will look like a tech), maybe just purchasing the tech package makes the most sense. I was hoping to save some $$ since the 2018's have android audio and the Nav is junk, while possibly grabbing some nicer wheels (such as the Aspec/black tech wheels); but if it requires suspension it may not be worth the extra $$/effort.

I just wanted to check with you all, I plan on discussing with the dealership as well, but I don't always have faith in their answers... I'm sure the sale's guy will tell me no suspension work is required, but my fear would be after I purchase everything it looks like a 4x4 monster truck lol!

Thanks again, any feedback is appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.