Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
RE: Wheel load rating.

Hi s2ktaxi,
Here is the response to your message.
With Michelin tires, the load rating is 1,929 lbs at 35 psi.
If you look on the door jamb, you will find a tire information sticker. The information on the sticker is per axle, front and rear, not per tire.
According to the sticker, you should inflate yours tires to 32 psi. or to the manufacturers specs. Also you can check your owners manual on the tire section.
I hope this would help you to your needs.:) :cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not as concerned about the tire rating or the chassis Gross Weight Rating. I need to know the load rating for each wheel - normally stamped somewhere on the wheel.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have never seen a wheel load rating on any passenger car or light truck OEM wheel.

s2ktaxi said:
I am not as concerned about the tire rating or the chassis Gross Weight Rating. I need to know the load rating for each wheel - normally stamped somewhere on the wheel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone know the answer to this or where I can find this info ? I am looking at aftermarket wheels and would like to match the load rating of my OEM premium 5 spoke wheels.

Thanks,
quiXilver

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just overcompensate if you can't find the rating. I expect it is incredably high. You see al those pictures of cars bottomed out cause they are filled with crap, and it takes a lot of weight to do that. As long as you use the stock hubs and no spacers, the tire will go before the rim.

Just my thoughts

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
crazymjb
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing