Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum members, i have a 2009 MDX, I suspect my bearing is bad, it's making some noise but only audible when car going backward. I need suggestion on the parts, would you recommend Acura parts, or aftermarket? if i go aftermarket, any suggestion on a reliable brand? seeing some post on difficulty to remove the bearing, I live in Toronto and city salt the road in winter, would it make that case as well? thanks!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
If you go Aftermarket go with TIMKEN or NSK (OEM).
The bearing is super easy to remove since its a single HUB/Bearing combo... Its just 4 bolts that attach it to the knuckle and it pops out, If you have rust then I advise you to rent a Bearing Puller Kit but a Rubber Hammer will also do the trick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot, will check out Timken or NSK. if it's super easy to remove then probably worth a try aftermarket and take the saving.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I have TIMKEN in all 4 corners of my TL-S they have been very reliable but NSK is the OEM Supplier for Honda & Acura if you want the closest to OEM that is NSK.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have TIMKEN in all 4 corners of my TL-S they have been very reliable but NSK is the OEM Supplier for Honda & Acura if you want the closest to OEM that is NSK.
Problem is you do not know, and can not find out, the difference between NSK OEM specs and NSK aftermarket specs. NSK aftermarket may not be any better than Timken.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
NSK is the OEM Supplier, Some people want that piece of mind even if is the Aftermarket solution..
Case in point: AISIN Timing Belt Kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, I will probably go with TIMKEN for now. saving with Timken is good, but not much (in Canada...) for NSK compare to OE. rear wheels area are making some noise but only when the MDX in reverse motion both in R and in N. no noise when car moving forward. also note the mileage took a hit recently, I need to see if this is some sort of brake sticking or shield scraping the rotor, or it's the wheel bearing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts